Part 3 - FINALE / Always Expect The Unexpected

-I swear to god that he knows and still doesn't bother with covering these wardrobes inside of the library and I am traumatised!! -They went on complaining. -Maybe it's a kink I don't know. -They sat in a more comfortable position for them. -I am not doing this on purpose, I am just trying to see if there aren't any new players and then this is what i see!

-I feel you. -I replied and sighed, tired . -You know what, just fuck it all. I hate this hotel and I hate the fact that I am trapped here. -I spoke my thoughts. What I said was entirely true. I despised being forced to stay somewhere that I did not even feel as if I belonged in. And this whole situation made my rage only trigger more.

-Yeah, this is exactly why I always stay in these fucking wooden boxes. -They replied, letting me know they were relating to my experience. -I literally hate everyone here, the only acceptable entity is Timothy and that's it for me. -They mumbled, sharing how similar their feelings about this place were.

-But maybe... just maybe you're acceptable too.

They gushed out suddenly. - I don't mind your company. -They noted, filling me with some positive feelings.

I giggled, for the first time I felt as if I met an entity that truly gets me.

-You are not like the others in this cursed hotel. -I cheered up immediately. Their presence was somewhat fulfilling for me, it made me feel as if I was finally complete. Maybe this was the person that I was looking for my whole life.

-I am most definitely not. -Hide confirmed as their voice got noticeably warmer.

-How do you pass the time by yourself? - I asked them, genuinely curious. -I don't really talk to anyone too and I feel so lonely, man. It's not even funny now.

-I sleep. -They answered immediately. -Whenever there's no players to strangle after violating my personal space I just sleep.

-I wish I could do that, but I don't have my own room nor anything to feel safe and sound in.-I explained. I was jealous of them for having their little wardrobe where they could just stay in.

-You may stay with me if you wish so. -Hide suggested, waiting for my response. I felt kind of honoured, Hide never let anyone stay inside of their closet. They would always harshly kick them out, especially if it was human.

-Wow, I feel... privileged? Is this the correct word? - I had to double check.

-No clue, but what's important is that I know what you mean.

~~~~~~

It could have been a few or more hours; who cares. We kept conversing between the two of us, talking about everything and nothing at the same time. The connection that we kept building between each other was truly awesome. We had similar experiences, we shared the same topics and we both hated this whole place with the same burning passion.

Our conversation was interrupted by footsteps, coming from the very first rooms.

-Oh, finally. Some new players. -Hide yawned.

-Should we care about them? - I gave them a questioning look. Hide wasn't an aggressive entity. They hated humans, but didn't care enough to run after them like Seek or Ambush would.

-Maybe? -They turned their gaze at me. -Usually, I don't bother with wasting my energy on these pathetic beings, but now that you are here with me... It might be more fun. -They suggested that we should give it a chance.

-Do you know what sounds like a great idea? - I went on with my thoughts. -We should scare them to the point where they get paranoid about seeing us anywhere and anytime.

-That sounds way more ambitious than I thought it would. -They giggled. - I like your attitude,-They poked my arm with their tentacles. -Any more specific ideas? I feel the need to say this right away, but I am already terrible at my job so don't expect too much from me. I can kick them or strangle them a little out of my wardrobe but I ain't coming out of here.

-Me neither, don't worry my boo. -I said in a mischievous tone.-Where the fuck are the players? -I asked.

-Oh, right. -They teleported me right away to another room. -I keep forgetting that you can't see past the room that you entered the closet from. They pointed with their tentacles at the player, plundering through the drawers trying to find some good loot.

-Obviously. -I laughed, taking a moment to process what I was about to do.-Let's just wait for them to finally be in need of using our wardrobe. -I whispered as I didn't want them to hear us.

-You'll have to wait for Rush or Ambush then. - Hide stated, trying not to be too loud.

-I thought that Rush was recovering from the amount of crucifixes that were being used on him lately? -I was a little confused.

-He's better now. -Hide reassured me as we finally saw the familiar flicking light.

The player tried to be brave and show their knowledge by purposely waiting for the last possible moment to enter the closer, to make themselves look wise and clever.

The moment that I heard their hands lay on the wardrobe handle I jumped out of it, making an ear-splitting scream that scared the shit out of the players. I effectively blocked the closet making it impossible for them to enter it when they needed it the most.

They hit the ground harshly, immediately heading with their sight towards the opened doors waiting for their death while spending the last few seconds of their life confused about what just happened.

The entity rushed through the room, violently taking the player with them, dragging them violently on the floor until they were out of our sight.

-You know what? -Hide looked at me with an expression that I never saw them make before.-That was fun...

And I am definitely looking forward to spending more time with you, Jack. I adore you already.