Even so, kyungsoo looked back up. Eyes holding a frown as they looked intot he dangerous red. Maybe an alphas scent and the threat of their eyes set off an instinct in an omega to shudder and cower away but kyungsoo never liked to give in on those feelings. He may have betrayed his alpha but he felt himself justified and thats all that mattered " I'm sorry.. I know you were against it and you dont want her to fight but I think its bullshit specially as an omega she will have to sooner or later-" " no she doesnt ! you dont have any idea of what-" " I've lost count of the packd I've been in, you think jennie is the first overproected omega I met!? shes just the only one who hasnt died yet and one of the only ones who are interested enough on keeping it that way, you cant be there forever sooner or later she will face danger and YOU will have made the choice of leaving her unprepared for it!" kyungsoo yelled back at last but then had to back away as he earned a loud growl in return as the alpha stepped closer in anger.

Kyungsoos heart skipped another beat and he stumbled back while his hand reached for the knife in his boot, only to fail as he fell onto his bottom and stared up to his alpha standing over him, breathing hard while glaring down much like he'd been close to shifting snd ripping the boy apart.

He snarled and the omega couldnt surpress the flinch. He could no longer keep up the strong frown but he refused to show any fear in his own eyes. If he was going to die then he wouldnt do so as a coward.

The alpha balled his hands to fists but his glare had faded, his eye became cold as they stared into the shorters in front of him " do you honestly-"
" Sojoon " jongin called then, appearing by their side as his hand flew up to grabb his alphas arm and the omega shifted his gaze toward him as he watched the beta step inbetween the 2 " sojoon " he said again and the older exhaled harsh finally moving his glare toward the pair of golden eyes , which had frowned strictly back at him.

Soon enough, kyungsoo hesitantly backed away still on the ground as he watched eujin and jay appear aswell, her hand landing on the alphas shoulder and jay glanced inbetween him and the omega on the ground. Distress his eyes and he was breathing hard aswell. They must not be used to seeing their alpha like this either, kyungsoo thought, as he tried to calm his heart beating out of his chest like he'd just ran across dozens of territories.

Eujin was talking, holding onto the other arm of their alpha as he eyes carried worry and jay had called back to the house, waving jennie and chanyeol away most liekly calling off the threat of a fight. But kyungsoo couldnt hear a thing, he knew he wasnt in danger, he felt it but his body had gone stiff and he'd frozen and stayed as he was only listening to his uneven breaths as the sound of his hesrt protesting reminding him with each beat that he was still just sitting there and not saying a word.

And then jongin had turned his head to look at him. Kyungsoo eyes snapped toward him like he thought the beta would jump him next but jongin stayed still, eyes frowning lightly but he was calm, letting his eyes wander over the boy on the ground. If he didnt know better it felt like the taller was scanning him before somehow eading up at last and just looking back into his eyes. There was still a hint of gold left behind and kyungsoo felt the urge to look at him through his own blue ones.

His heart calmed and he swallowed, exhaling before the sounds came back and he suddenly heard the wind and eujins voice of reason in the back before jay had gotten down and appeared beside him, drawing his eyes away from jongins.

" are you ok ?" He asked and kyungsoo now looked over jay, carefully holding onto his arm and pulling him up to his feet. " kyungsoo?"

 he looked down to his hand, noticing he'd managed to grabb his knife afterall, despite believing he'd failed. He was capable to lifting it and showing the effort of protecting himself. That he wasnt going to go down on the ground frozen up like a useless coward but he didnt.
He didnt do anything.