Chapter 28 - Coming over

Start from the beginning

He's wearing jeans and a t-shirt under his thin jacket. He has a large bag over his shoulder.

He frowns. "We made plans."

"Yes, but since you won, I thought..."

"I was pretty sure we'd win."

I nod and let him in. "Are you hungry?"

"Starving." He drops the bag and takes off his jacket and I lose myself in the sight of his bare forearms for a while. They're so muscular and strong. I know that from experience, the way he held me up against the wall.

"We can order something," I say and grab my phone. "What do you want?"

"How about pizza?"

I smile. "Perfect. Pepperoni?"

"Yes." He leans in to look at the screen and I have to stop myself from just inhaling his clean scent.

"With extra cheese."

"With extra cheese." We both say at the same time.

I finish the order with some cheesy bread. I hesitate for a moment, then I add some chicken wings and mozzarella sticks. Something tells me more food is better with a hockey player at the table.

"What are you watching?" He's spotted the paused show.

"Oh, it's silly." I move to turn it off, but he's already taking a seat on the sofa.

"It's a baking show?"

"Yeah."

"Let's finish the episode."

"We can watch something else."

He shakes his head and pats the sofa next to him. "I need to just sit for a while. This sounds perfectly mindless."

I take a seat next to him and press play. He sinks into the sofa, making himself comfortable and I relax.

When the episode is over, he asks if there's more, so I start the next one. The food arrives and we sit and eat and watch people fail at baking and laugh.

It's not what I was expecting. I didn't realize it would be so easy to hang out with him. He can be such an asshole sometimes. Maybe it's because he's tired from the game. He acts as if he isn't, but I can tell he is.

He polishes off almost all the food, and I'm glad I ordered the extra things. I'll have to remember that he can eat enough for four people. At least after a game.

We start another episode. He hasn't made any move to have sex, except put an arm around my shoulders. I pull up my feet under me and lean against him. He squeezes me closer as he laughs at another failure by the bakers.

"This is hilarious," he says.

"I think it's my favorite thing to watch." I lean my head against his shoulder.

A while later, I laugh at a joke. Wes doesn't, so I look up at him. His head is lulling forward and his eyes are closed.

"Wes?" I untangle myself and turn off the show. "Wes?" I gently shake his shoulder.

"Yes?" He sucks in a breath and sits upright.

"Let's go to bed," I say and get to my feet. "You're tired."

"No, I'm not. I'm just resting a bit."

"Come on." I hold out a hand and he takes it.

"Am I going to have to get you a toothbrush?" I joke as I lead him into the bedroom. I bite my tongue as soon as the words are out of my mouth.

"I have one in my bag," he says and yawns. "I should probably get it."

"The bathroom is down the hall."

He nods and leaves to brush his teeth. In my bathroom. Wes Porter is in my bathroom. It's surreal.

I change into a pair of sleep shorts and a tank top. It's what I usually sleep in, not very sexy, but he's so tired he probably won't notice if I wear a sack.

"Bathroom is all yours," he says when he returns with his bag. "I figured I should keep this here, in case your sister comes back."

"Sure."

Because anyone finding out about this would be a disaster.

I hurry to the bathroom to get ready for bed.

He's already tucked in when I get back, so I slip in next to him. Immediately, his arm shoots out and pulls me closer.

"I want to have sex with you," he mumbles. "We should do it."

"Sure," I say, and can't help but snuggle closer. "Any minute now."

I suppose I should feel offended that this is the second time he's fallen asleep in my bed without touching me, but I'm not. Instead, I smile as I listen to his steady breathing and drift off to a peaceful sleep in his arms.