Chapter 1

I was sitting at Creek Side watching some stupid play with my nephew in the cafeteria. Creek Side is a school with 5 th and 6 th grade only in the building. I went to 6th grade here and barely passed, when I first moved in with my brother and his wife and their two boys . Now my nephew Lane is the one in 6th grade.
I wasn't even paying any attention I was picking at my rough edged finger nails. I was startled by a tap on my shoulder. It was Lane my nephew  " come on momma said we had to go". I got up and followed him to where Kristy and lane's brother Landon where standing and we headed out the double doors with the sound of the kids singing being cut off abruptly .
"Momma I thought you said we could stay and finish the whole play". "Some thing came up son I will tell you about it when we get in the car". A half crescent moon was in the sky along with stars. With it being the end of February it was  freezing cold . I ran to the car as the freezing wind struck at my body.
Once we were In the car and Buckled the boys began to question what was going on. " Your daddy called there are some people at the house that want to talk to you." "What people momma?" Lane asked. "People who might take you away."
At that moment I knew...