Chapter 29: Alasters turn

Niara's POV

"Hurry up Niara, we're leaving in ten minutes." My father called out while walking past my bedroom.

"Alright!"

Today was the night of Mr. Donovans business party, I spent like an hour trying to decide what to wear. It's not like it really matters because it's just a casual thing but I still like to look good.. you know.

In the end I decided on a pink floral dress and a matching flowy little cardigan. And for shoes I chose my high heel black Mary Jane's with some frilly socks.

I was very much obsessed with the way this dress snatched my waist and then goes out into a flowy bottom.

After I got done with some finishing touches of my hair I grabbed my bag and rushed down the stairs. I hated making my father wait on me, although technically he isn't the one driving.

I can't help but smile like an idiot as I sit in the backseat. I like seeing Mr. Dono-, Killian outside of the school setting. Probably because I'm able to focus on him and not learning.

I never imagined myself being with someone like him. Jackie always thought I had a thing for Calumn, which he's nice and all but I only see him as a friend.

I don't get the same feeling I get with Killian when I'm with anyone else. Is it butterflies? I think so...

"We're here" I hear my father say, snapping me out of my thought. My stomach flutters as I look out the window at the familiar house.

I eagerly step out of the car and walk towards the front entrance, leaving my father behind.

I gave a quick thanks to the butlers who were in charge of opening doors for the guest. I was looking around the building for any familiar faces.

"Whatcha up too babe?" I hear from behind me, almost topling over from the small jumpscare.

"Alaster.. you scared!" I say as I cross my arms and send him a mean glare.

He rolled his eyes "sorry" he says even though his voice is laced with sarcasm.

"Come on, let's check out the kitchen" his arm slung across my shoulders before practically dragging me across the house.

"They really stepped it up with the drinks this time" Alaster says as he looks at the displays of alcohol in front of us.

I sighed and looked over at him "I'm not drinking tonight."

"Oh come on, one drink won't hurt."

"Oh yes it will, my father's here tonight and if he smells even a drop of alcohol on me I will never see the light of day!" I argued.

He hummed and looked off in thought "good point.. but-" he begin while picking up a glass and giving a big grin "Alcohol?"

"I hate you.. so much" I say with a sigh.

"You love me!"

I couldn't help but stifle a laugh. He's got me there, how could someone not love Alaster.