Badla

If the whole world was watching, I'd still dance with you.

                                                  -Niall Horan

♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤

Her eyes shot open and the first thing that came to view was the cream coloured ceiling. She was awake and alive but felt as if the very air in her lungs was being squeezed out. She reached for her chest, lightly massaging the aching bones with the small of her palm.

What was that. What did she just see. The sudden rush of nausea entered her system as the depressing memories of her nighmares clouded her ability to think.
She jumped out of bed and
ran towards the bathroom emptying her stomach and her heart.

Lone tears fell from her eyes as she regained her senses and realized what her dream- nightmares meant.

She pushed her hand to her mouth to stiffle the cry that emeanated from her chest.

The door behind her opened and in walked an equally ruffled looking Mairaaj,"Noor, tum theek to ho?"

Noor nodded while shaking profusely.
He tried to come closer but Noor stopped him with just a single motion of her hand,"Please, just let me be alone." Eventhough Mairaaj wanted to argue but he understood that she was caged by bigger demons and she had to fight them alone.

He gave her the privacy she needed but reminded her,"Noor, if you need me, I'm here ok?"

Noor slowly slided against the slippery tiles of the floor as the cries she had held inside were finally let free.

She cried because she helped the very man that killed her mother, her unborn sister. Hurt her unborn brother.

She sold the very freedom her mother fought and died for to man who was responsible for killing her ability to feel , love, trust.

She was doing it and doing it without realizing that the man who killed her is her so called father, the same man who tortured her, blackmailed her, hurt Taimoor, her half brother who had been hospitalized for his entire life.

She got off the floor, cleaned the tears of her face. Though her steps were wobbly, she closed her eyes, took big breaths in and washed her face with the cold water. She looked at the mirror, somehow her reflection smiled back at her though she knew she had no energy to bring up her lips in a smile.

"It's time, Noor. Time to return him what we owe." her reflection said to her.She kept gazing at the face in the mirror. Why did it look like it didn't belong to her. Why was her reflection so free, calm........... happy

She walked out of the bathroom and Mairaaj waited outside. "Are you okay?"

Noor looked at him with no expresssion on her face. Realizing the lack of empathy on her face, she nodded, her face looking to the ground.
What she didn't expect was Mairaaj to cover the 2 meter distance between them in a matter of two seconds and engulf her in his arms.

Noor felt as if in that tiny moment, her pain had reduced a million times. She let his comforting warmth envelop her completely as his hands tucked her head in his chest. She let her hands fall on her either side as she nuzzled her head in his chest, the tears threatning to fall again.

"Tum ne mujhe dara dia." Mairaaj said.
Noor wanted to say, tumhe bhi dar lagta hai, but she didn't want to ruin the moment so she remained quiet.

》♤《

"Hi, I'm Aliya, Dilainoor Malik's friend."
Aliya said at the door of the Malik Mansion.

The door opened and Aliya walked inside. "Miss Amin?" someone asked and Aliya turned to the voice. An elderly lady smiled at her.
"Yes." Aliya smiled back.
"Mein ap ko Mrs. Malik ke room mein le chalti hun"