Naya Safr

Its new, the shape of your body.
Its blue, this feeling I've got.
                                                Taylor Swift

The bride sitting in an unknown room, gazing around the foreign scenery, a plain beige room, nothing but piles and piles of files on the table, the only exciting thing about this plain yet elegantly decorated room was the large
book shelf. To most this may seem like a normal thing where the new bride looks around a room, she is going to call her own but inside the mind of Noor, she looked around the room, not admiring its elegance but looking for signs, something against her new husband.

Suddenly, the door opened but Noor didnt turn towards the intruder and kept grazing the book in her hand.

The silence was a proof that this intruder is none other than Mairaaj.

"Kia kr rhi ho?" his intoxiacating voice emanated in the room.

Noor didn't say a word. She didn't have to. She closed the book with a loud thud and put it where it was.
Holding her lehnga up, she began to walk towards, what she assumed and hoped to be the bathroom, when a strong hand gripped her elbow.

"Mne poocha kia kr rhi ho." he said again, this time slowly emphasizing his words.
"Fikr mat karo, tumhe marne ki tayyari nhe kr rhi." she said and went into the bathroom.

Noor did not expect him to act like a lovey dovey husband but the least she hoped, she would get from this relation was respect and by walking away abruptly today after the nikaah, Mairaaj had neglected her basic and only rights.

Noor took off her jewlery, took a long shower, looking at her body in the mirror.

The hideous scars of all the beatings she got, the old burn marks, all the hits she experienced, etched into her hody refusing to fade away.

She quickly put on the light dress that was left for her in the bathroom and walked out, her wet hair, gracing her face.

She walked out to find that Mairaaj was nowhere to be seen.

She stepped out of the room, glancing around to see where he was.

Snooping around like this made her feel slightly uncomfortable as if she was a thief.
She stepped out on the long capeted corridor, but before she could walk any further, a door closed shut at the other side of the corridor, amd Noor sprinted back into her room.

She quickly went and sat on the bedside, suddenly realizing, wait...! why am i hiding like a thief.

The sudden thought made her cheeks heat up in embarressment.

Mairaaj came back into the room to see Noor sitting by the bedside.

He looked at her intently while Noor pretended to not notice his scrutinizing eyes.

She picked the blanket up, and got under it.

Discretely saying," I hope you're not thinking about laying in the same bed as me."
Mairaaj raised his eyebrows and laughed throwing his head back," Ye mera bed hai, if you remember."

"Shaadi kr ke bhi tumhi laye ho, aur contract bhi tumhara hi tha, to compromise bhi tum hi karo ge." she picked up the pillow beside her and threw it over to him.

He caught it due to his quick reflexes but Mairaaj was annoyed that he had been thrown off his own bed.

He walked over to her in long strides, pulled something out of his pocket and put it beside her side of the bed.

It was ring box..... "Isse pehn lena."

Noor had to admit, Mairaaj looked sinfully handsome, his whole appearence just simply mesmarizing in a white kurta.