~39~

Clays pov

George has been in nicks room for a while, it's been 45 minutes exactly, I stand as Jules is talking about a time she was drunk and blah blah blah.

"What are you doing?" Jules asks, "checking on george" I say, "he's fine" Jules answers, I ignore her and knock on nicks door, "clay?" Karl says, "yes" I answer and open the door only to see george fast asleep in karls arms and nick and karl watching TV, they both look over at me, "is Jules still here?" Karl asks, "yeah" I answer, "clay, what were you thinking letting Jules come with you to dinner? You were supposed to have a date, george was so excited" karl says, "george let her, I said she didn't have to" I say.

"But you can't put george on the spot like that, he knows you have a good friendship with her and he would never say no, you should've said no to Jules, it was a date" karl says, I don't answer, because he's right, I was taking george on a date then I asked george if it was ok if Jules came, he would've never said no even if he didn't want Jules to come.

"He came in here crying" Nick says, I feel a stab to my heart, "when you went to get your phone in the restaurant, Jules started telling geoge how you would get bored of him because he's skinny and doesn't have boobs, she told him to put on some weight and called him a slut" karl says, "I'm only telling you this because he won't tell you himself, because he doesn't want to ruin your friendship" karl adds.

"He was really crying?" I ask, "he was sobbing, clay" Nick answers, I look down at george, stilling in his jeans, sleeping peacefully, "can I take him to my room?" I ask, karl nods, I walk over to the bed and scoop him up in my large arms, lifting him.

"Thanks" I whisper to karl and nick then walk out of the room, shutting the door.

"He's asleep?" Jules says, "yes" I answer blandly, "how?, it's like 9 pm" she says, I don't answer, I carry george into my room then lay him down on my bed, I slip his jeans off so that he doesn't fall asleep and pull the blankets over him, "clay?" He mumbles, "yes" I answer, running a hand through his hair softly, "I love you" he mumbles, "me too, I'm sorry" I whisper, "are you coming to bed" he says, "soon" u whisper, "Jules is still here?" He asks, "she'll be gone in a couple minutes" I say, "ok" he mumbles and falls back asleep.

I walk out of my room and look at Jules, "wanna go out?" Jules asks, "no, get out" I say, "what?" She asks, "Jules, if you wanna be friends with me, you have to respect my boyfriend, if you can't do that then get the fuck out" I say, "what? I respect him?" Jules answers, "body shaming him and calling him a slut?" I say, "I was joking" she says, "I'm not laughing, george wasn't laughing" I answer.

"Clay, be honest, you don't love him, you want me" she stands, walking closer to me, "I want you to get out" I say, her faces drops, "fuck you" she says then walks out.

I walk back into my room, shutting the door and looking at george fast asleep on the bed, I slip my jeans and t shirt off then pull on a pair of sweatpants and climb in bed with george.

As soon as he feels my presence he moves closer to me and cuddles into my chest, "I love you" I whisper, "hmm" he hums half asleep, I kiss the top of his head, wrapping my arms around him and closing my eyes.

Falling to sleep with george in my arms.