s. 5 ep. 12 The Nublar Seven... Part 1

I know. I'm the worst. Part two in a couple of days.

The Spino roared triumphantly, scarring the raptors and Peirce into the woods. With the fall of the alpha, the troops had no one to rally behind and they scattered, leaving us standing alone against Kon's army.

"Where are they going?" Brooklynn asked, slowly releasing my arm.

"They're afraid," Ben said.

Suddenly Darius dashed forward, intent on helping Big Eatie but Brooklynn and I grabbed him before he could do anything stupid.

"We gotta help her!" He exclaimed.

"Darius, there's nothing we can do," Brooklynn said as we pulled him into the forest and ran. Outmanned and outgunned, we had to retreat.

"Observation platform," I said as we ran.

Brooklynn and D nodded.

We relayed it to the other and we soon reached the ladder. We quickly climbed and held our breath, still able to hear the stomps of the Spino.

Soon the Spino appeared, controlled by Hawkes. He was joined by the other mercenary who controlled Toro. They passed under us and eventually disappeared into the forest as we all let out our breath.

I wish we hadn't stopped. I wish we just kept running. Now that my body took a second to rest I could feel the splitting pain in my fingers and wrist, the aching scar on my back... and the wave of tiredness that flowed over me.

Yaz finally broke the somber silence. "If he's willing to kill Big Eatie, what would he do to us to get that password?" She asked

"He's a deranged psychopath. He'd do a lot." I said.

"Great." Ben sighed. "So, either we stay and face certain death..."

"Or we leave the island," Brooklynn said.

I looked at her in surprise. The only person I'd be more surprised to hear that from would be-

"Brooklynn's right," Darius said.

I looked even more surprised.

"We have to get to the boat." Darius insisted.

"Really?" Sammy asked. "After everything we've been through? We're just throwing in the towel and leaving the dinosaurs to fend for themselves?"

Everyone looked around sadly at each other. There was no other option. We'd been beaten.

Darius looked over the edge to see if anyone was around then walked to the ladder.

"Wait," I said.

Everyone looked at me.

I paused, not believing what I was about to say. "We can't leave them."

Everyone looked at me in surprise.

"(y/n)... we've been beat," Darius said. "Out of everyone, I'd think you would be the one to tell us that our lives are more important."

"Well," I said, still not believing my own words. "Guess I went through character development. I didn't get told so many times that we're saving the dinos just to have you all give up when it counts. I mean... what's one more missed plane?"

"We don't have a plan, (y/n). I'm out of ideas." Darius said.

"Well..." I said, thinking. "Good thing we have a team. Technology wizard, Brooklynn, the dynamic trio of chaos, Ben, Sammy, and Yaz,-"

"Told you it could be a thing," Sammy said.

"The guy who knows how the bad guys think, Kenji, a leader who can think on the fly, you, Darius, and me... the guy with a plan... and you're gonna hate it," I said.