s. 2 ep. 7 Step One

Why was I ranked 1 on the Yasmina # for a little? That doesn't make sense according to this story's title. Whatever. I guess all the x Yaz stories are highly ranked on the Brooklynn hashtag. I think the ranking system is stupid anyway. Thanks for the support everyone.

"Wait, Yaz, you need to know-" Kenji started.

"No time." Yaz said, cutting him off, "We have to figure out Darius' plan."

"Well he's probably telling them he's taking them to the watering hole and then leading directly to Rexy. You know, like a lier." I said. Imaginary $5 to you if you understood that reference.

Suddenly, something came through the bushes behind Yaz. She yelped and fell back as a bellowing Bumpy came to greet her with Ben on her back.

"Bumpy?" She said, confused then looked up at Mr. Tarzan.

"Hey," Ben said, jumping off his dinosaur.

Yaz stared at him in shock.

Ben cleared his throat. "Yasmina." He said holding his hand out before being smothered by another hug.

"Ben." Yaz laughed,

"You're a hugger now, Fadoula?" Ben asked, struggling for air.

"Still have mixed feelings about it," She said releasing him, "But I... You're..." She laughed and hugged him again.

"Yeah, that's what Kenji was trying to tell you," I said.

"Yeah, yeah, but in more pressing news," Brooklynn said.

"Harsh." I quipped.

She ignored me, "Darius isn't taking the hunters to the watering hole." She said, handing Ben the map.

"What? Why would he take them straight to the T. rex.?" Ben asked.

I gave them a 'really?' look.

"What?" Brooklynn asked.

"Do I really have to spell it out?" I asked.

Kenji perked up. "Home court advantage!" he said.

"Thank youuuuuuu." I said "We know Main Street. The dumbasses don't. They also don't know a T. rex is there."

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's go help them!" Yaz said.

"Yes! Bumpy and I are ready to roll." Said, Ben

"Uh-uh. Big problemo. There's no way we'll make it to Main Street before they do." Said Kenji

"Well, there is one obvious shortcut," Brooklynn said

"Don't say it," I said.

"We'll make it."

"Do you remember what happened last time?"

"(y/n)'s right. No go for Kenji." Said Kenji

TIMESKIP

"I hate you so much," I said.

"We're doing this!" Brooklynn yelled in front of me

Kenji groaned while gripping onto the front of the bike.

We sped through the tunnels of the underground system, roaring past Compys and other weird eyes coming from dark doorways. Bumpy, with Yaz and Ben on her, galloped behind us.

"Left!" Kenji called. He was gripping the handlebars so he was our eyes.

We hit the turn and I wrapped my arms around Brooklynn's waist again to avoid falling.