s. 2.5 ep. 2 Kayaks

"I think I can kinda walk again- oof," I said, falling in Yaz.

"You sure about that?" Yaz asked, steadying me.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine," I said regaining my balance. I took a hesitant step forward and began walking again slowly, picking up speed until I was at a brisk walk.

"Jesus, slow down, you'll hurt yourself." Yaz laughed.

The gang had been rehabbing me for... a month? We'd honestly lost count of the days. It was kinda a problem.

"What do you mean? Look, I'm fine. Full of life strong as an Ox." I joked.

"A baby Ox maybe."

"Hey, I'm strong."

"Says the guy who sits inside and plays video games for a living."

"That's offensive to my gamer culture. Plus, I've gained some muscle."

"Only because we've been running from dinos daily."

I opened my mouth to argue but then thought better of it. "That's fair honestly."

"Damn right. Never question me again ." She said, ego-inflating by the second.

I shook my head, "Freshmen." I muttered.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me."

"Why you little."

She came over and tried to grab at my head. Instead, I put my hand out in front of me and we locked up and pushed against each other. She maneuvered me into a headlock saying, "Come on, gamer boy, give up!" I got out of it and put her in a HammerLock. (Twisting someone's arm behind their back while standing behind them) She twisted out of it and stumbled away from me. We locked eyes and stared intensely at each other until Yaz cracked a smile. I smirked back and we both began laughing.

"Not bad (y/n), not bad." She said,

"Nah, I'm just tall," I replied then coughed.

"You okay?" She asked quickly, coming to my side.

"Yeah... Yeah, I'm fine just... winded."

I looked at her and smiled

"Hey, thanks for helping me recover. I think without you it would have taken a lot longer to walk again and it has really sucked to watch you guys run around without me being able to help so, I really appreciate this." I told her sincerely.

"Your welcome, (y/n). It was my pleasure. Helping you has made me feel useful for once instead of just limping around doing nothing." She said with a smile.

I smiled back at her and we locked eyes. Her Brown once and my (e/c) ones. She seemed to notice that we were staring too long because she turned away quickly. Could have sworn there was a blush on her face.

Wait, does she... no. I must be imagining things. I thought. Come on (y/n) we're stuck on an island together. We're not here by choice. She wouldn't be... would she?

"Oy, medic, cripple!" Brooklynn called, referring to Yaz and me. "Camp meeting! Let's go."

"Yes, warden!" I called back. "Come on, Yaz. Let's g-"

But she was already heading towards the ladder.

"Um... alright," I muttered and made my way to the ladder and joined the others around the chalkboard.

"I call this meeting of camp cretaceous to order," Darius said.

"I move to never open a meeting like that ever again." I said, "All for say I."