s. 2 ep. 6 Misguided

We stared wide-eyed, speechless, and unmoving. Ben was alive, had just knocked out a mercenary, and had a pet ankylosaur. Ben tossed the branch he was holding to the side and looked up at us.

"Uh... hey," he said.

I couldn't speak, I was too amazed. He was no longer dressed like... well... Ben. Part of the blue shirt he wore was wrapped around his head like a bandana. He had what used a white tank top but now it was covered in mud and grass stains.

Kenji ran forward and embraced Ben. He had taken the loss hard. "How? How? How?" he asked.

Brooklynn ran forward and threw her arms around him and hugged him tightly.

I came forward and hugged him. "What's up, bro?" I asked in a higher-pitched voice than usual. I was still in shock.

Hap groaned from the floor.

"Oh, right. We should probably deal with that," said Ben.

Ben tied up Hap and started telling us what happened. "I fell off the monorail, got savaged by pteranodons,"

"Relatable," I said

"Found Bumpy, survived in the jungle, defeated Toro, and then I overheard that fancy couple conspiring with this guy, Hap."

The three of us just stared at his sudden ability to tie up hostages.

"Ok, wait, don't just gloss over defeating Toro like that doesn't mean shit. But also, that's Bumpy?" I said pointing at the large ankylosaur.

"I figured you guys might need my help." Ben finished.

"Oh, hey, I still have your dork pouch... What?" Kenji looked down and saw the pouch was gone.

"Oh, yeah. I snatched that off you earlier. But thanks for keeping it safe." Ben said, attaching the pouch to his waist and taking out some hand sanitizer to put on his hands.

"I have a hard time believing that the jungle taught him to pickpocket," I whispered to Brooklynn.

She giggled.

I really like her lau- Will you stop thinking that you weirdo! I thought.

"Could have used this while fighting ol' Toro, eh, Bumps?" Ben said, picking up Hap's shock staff.

Bumpy grunted.

"Ben, focus," Brooklynn said. "The couple, what exactly did they say?"

"Not too much, but they're definitely up to something. Hap, too. I say we feed him to the Mosasurus or the T. rex." Ben said

"Woah, calm down, Jungle boy. We'll just keep him tied up here for now." I said

"Or you could listen to me," Hap said

We whirled.

Hap stood, his hands still bound by the vine.

"You're awake?" Brooklynn asked

"Of course I'm awake." He said, "You think I'm gonna be taken out by a bunch of kids?"

"Challenge accepted," Ben said, pointing the shock staff at hap, the tip crackling with electricity.

"One-liners too?" I whispered, "I think our Ben was abducted."

"Put that down, boy, before you get yourself hurt," Hap said, stepping towards Ben threateningly.

"You and what arms?" I called.

"Someone's getting hurt, old man, but it ain't me," Ben said not backing down