ep. 7 Last Day of Camp

An alarm blared over the loudspeakers. We all looked around then hurried over to each other.

"Attention. All park-goers must report to the South Ferry Dock for immediate evacuation. Last ferry departs in two hours." Said a male voice over the loudspeaker.

"That's it? No explanations? That's all we get?" Brooklyn said annoyed.

"We have to move," Darius said as he and Kenji joined up with me, Sammy, and Brooklynn. "The only way we're gonna make it is if we run."

"Slight problem with that," I said, looking over my shoulder at Yaz limping towards us. "Our runner can't run."

"I'm fine," Yaz said definitely. "I've competed with a torn ACL. You should be way more worried about Ben and Bumpy." She pointed over her shoulder and Ben, who was out of breath from just running over to us.

"Ok, hold on. You don't get to gloss over that like it's nothing. Why the fuck have you competed with a torn ACL? That's a terrible idea!" I said.

"Not important right now," Ben said. "What we should all be worried about is catching a boat out of here and, naturally, we have a problem." He pulled out a map of the park and put it on one of the bleachers so we could all see. "We're here." He said pointing to the lagoon on the map which was at about the middle of the island. "The docks are on the southern tip of the island. Even if we ran at peak Yaz speed, there's no way we'd make the last boat out."

"You don't know that," Sammy said.

Ben scoffed "Yes, I do. I memorized the evacuation plan on the ferry ride over."

Everyone groaned.

"Ok. what the fuck do we do then?" I asked

"We need another way. Um... Can we use those somehow?" He said, pointing at the kayaks which were floating in the lagoon. "Or send someone to tell the ferry people to wait? Or..."

"Or make a few jetpacks real quick?" Brooklynn said sarcastically, "Oh! We should befriend a unicorn!"

"Ok, B, we get it," I said, rubbing my face, trying to think of what to do. "There's gotta be some way to get there."

"Face it. It's hopeless."

I looked down. There was nothing we could do. We're gonna be stuck here. For-

"Shortly we will be arriving at Main Street, your destination for fine dining and shopping at Jurassic World." Said an automated voice in the distance.

"The hell is that?" I asked

We all ran over to see where the noise was coming from.

"Followed by stops at the Jurassic World Lagoon and the South Ferry Dock." said the monorail voice over.

"Monorail, what-what!" Kenji shouted, throwing his hands in the air.

"At this point this has to be staged, right?" I said

"Mm, nicely played, Universe," Brooklyn said.

"Let's hurry," Darius said and we took off towards the monorail station with Ben and Yaz struggling to keep up.

I took the lead as we ran to the station. We left the lagoon's seating area and went for the stairs to the monorail. I looked to my right for a moment and saw a familiar set of horns belonging to a certain Carnotaurus.

"Shit," I said stopping in my tracks.

Kenji, Sammy, and Brooklynn noticed it too and we quickly ran back behind the spectator stands. We all crouched around the corner hoping we hadn't been seen.