s. 2.5 ep. 7 Take My Breath Away

I know a lot of people in the comments said, "Go right to season 3" But I realized I wanted to do one more thing. My bad. This will be the last chapter before season 3. Enjoy!

POV: (y/n)

"Looking good." Brooklyn said as she tied off her knot, "How's yours?" She asked, looking over at me."

"Good," I said, tying off my own knot. "These logs are sturdy."

"Yay! We can go home soon!"

I chuckled, "Yeah. This might actually work."

"Hey, uh, guys?" Darius said, waking up to us.

"Hey, D. Whaddya think?" I said, gesturing to the raft.

"It looks good. But..."

"There's always a but," Brooklynn said.

"I was thinking maybe this won't hold our weight. Just the wood I mean. With all seven of us on it plus supplies, we'll probably sink."

"So, what's your plan?" I asked

He sighed, "I need you two to go get some barrels from the vet station.

"Really?" I said, a little annoyed.

"I know, I know, but I swear this is the last thing we need. The others are busy making sure we have everything. I need you guys right now." He begged

"Fine." Brooklynn said, "We got this. Right, (y/n)?"

"I guess," I said, standing

"Thank you, guys. I gotta get back to helping Ben with Bumpy." He said walking off.

"Shall we?" I said.

"Yep. Let's go." Brooklynn replied.

We were about to walk into the forest when... "(y/n)! Wait up!" Yaz yelled, running up to us.

"Ugh." Brooklynn huffed.

"Play nice." I said and turned to the runner, "What's up Yaz?"

She stopped in front of me. She didn't seem to know what to do with her hands, but she eventually settled on her hands behind her back and rocking on her heels. "Um... Where you going?" She asked

"Uh, me and Brooklynn are heading to the vet station to get some barrels for the raft," I replied

"Oh, uh, cool." She said, awkwardly, "Um... I gotta go back to packing but, uh, be safe." She gave me a quick hug. Then ran off to do her work.

"What was that about?" Brooklynn asked with her arms crossed.

"I don't know," I replied.

"Whatever. Let's go." She huffed and walked off.

TIMESKIP

We found our way to the vet station and began dragging the plastic barrels to the front.

"How are we gonna get this many back to camp?" Brooklynn asked.

"Um... we can tie them together then drag 'em all back" I replied

"Do we have enough rope?"

"I don't know. Check the crates for stuff."

I dragged the last couple of barrels we needed over to the pile with a grunt. I wiped my brow then looked up at the sky. It was a beautiful day. Not too humid. Not too hot. If we weren't so desperate to get off the island I might've just sat around and enjoyed the day. My thoughts were interrupted by Brooklynn who I noticed had thrown a loop of rope over my head.