(Ch.19) Third mate

I walked toward my home with my newly earned or maybe caught pursuer who was having a merry smile sticking to his face just like the children who got to go to the fest for the very first time.

Since our house was not in the main village, we reached back home without meeting anyone on our way.

From a far distance I caught the sight of Sam who was cleaning the prey outside. I smiled and looked toward Kai to just say "Now Run!" with which I ran toward my hubby while calling out his name.

Hearing his name, Sam smiled and finally looked up because even after sensing his mate's arrival he wanted to see what she will do.

Kyra, after staying for so many days in beast world got pretty experienced in running barefoot and her animal leather sandals, as she kept her original shoes safe in Qingqing's backpack.

Kyra ran at her insane speed and within some seconds she was in her lawn but this was not where she stopped because after calling Sam's name she stretched out her arms and when she saw Sam to do the same, his act instantly made Kyra to jump toward him, just to get into his arms clinging onto him like a Koala.

Sam smiled as he placed his face in the crook of her neck as he inhaled the sweet scent that only belonged to his mate.

Just when Sam was caressing her back, Kyra said "I missed you my love", Sam once again felt so much loved that he didn't took time to reply "I missed yo-"

Grrrrr...Grrrrr...

But before completing his words, Sam growled very furiously because he saw an intruder entering in their marked territory.

Sam's tail, which was wagging earlier suddenly rose up in his alert, defensive mode whereas he gently tried to place me down but instead of complying I instantly cupped his face and said "Calm down Sam, I know him and I brought him here".

Sam looked at me with disbelief but after looking into my eyes for a while he definitely calmed down, but before I could've taken a reliving breath I heard another growl and this time it was pretty intense, I mean.... just from hearing it I could tell that instead of a warning, it was more filled with a killing intent.

So before my Eric could've lunged toward Kai who was standing still at the boundary of the lawn, I walked toward him while saying "Eric, sweetheart, don't do that. He came because I asked him to come."

Eric indeed stopped but instantly looked at me with troubled eyes, he opened his mouth to say something but decided not to.

I knew that he was on tenterhooks and there was a lot he wanted to ask so I said, "Can we talk after getting inside?"

Eric gave another perturbed look so I continued "If you don't want then outside is fine too, but we will get unwanted audience if we have a conversation here and I don't want that".

Eric knew what Kyra said will definitely happen and he personally never liked too much interference from other beastmen in his territory so he stepped toward Kyra and instantly lifted her up in his arms and walked inside the house.

Eric stopped just before entering the house and said "you can come inside" without even looking back.

Kai who has been standing still for a while watching the interaction of the family with a smile mumbled "Intersting~" inaudible to anyone else and with this he stepped into the lawn following Eric.

Sam who was on the side already calmed down because he didn't feel any hostile intent from the male whom his mate brought but from the look in that male's eyes, by which he was looking at Kyra, definitely made Sam irritated because he could sense what his intentions were.