(ch.17) Curtis

Next morning came and I woke up next to Sam because he needed some pampering throughout the night, Eric being an understanding brother and husband didn't try to argue and slept on the ground beside our bed because his bed was very far away from me (according to him).

I stretched out my arms while Sam was clinging onto my waist, Eric came and gave me a kiss on my forehead with a morning greeting and went away.

I smiled at him then looked toward the other bed just to find that Qingqing was looking at me with troubled eyes, her judgemental look with slight irritation was clear but I ignored it because I really wasn't in a mood to spend even a bit of my energy on teaching her verbally and it's not like she tried to speak out what she was thinking.

I gently caressed Sam's face as I wished him a good morning just to find him snuggle against my stomach once again.

Eric asked Qingqing about what she wanted to eat, which made her to look away as she got up to give him a helping hand.

Since Eric was also learning cooking from Bai, she was more than glad to help him and just like this I got my breakfast served right on my bed.

Eric fed me himself, while Sam asked me to feed him whereas Qingqing ate by herself while stealing some random glances of our three-person world.

After breakfast two unexpected guests came at our door, Harvey and Parker were looking at eachother with clear discomfort as they called for my bimbo, but to their bad luck, I was the one who greet them with a confused face.

Harvey wished me a good morning while Parker snorted as he said, "I'm here to meet Qingqing"

I leaned against the door with my arms crossed in my front as I talked in a leisure tone, "Oh! But she can't meet you"

"Why?"

"Because I said so." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Why are you talking in her behalf? She can talk with me herself!"

"Aww Parker~ but Qingqing doesn't have a say in something that I decides and that includes meeting with you." I said while glaring at him. My look became even more effective because of my powerful husband, who was standing behind me.

"You can't decide for her!" He snapped just to receive an angry growl from Eric which instantly made him shut his mouth.

"Sorry Parker~ but I Can~" I said with a proud smile.

Parker clenched his fist but still didn't say anything in reply, instead he stepped in front and placed an animal skin bag filled with fruits on the deck and said, "Qingqing told me that she still hasn't accepted me as a mate so I'm courting Qingqing, I'm here to give her these..."

I listened to his words without any change in my expressions as I looked at the fruits he brought and then toward Harvey.

Feeling my gaze, Harvey instantly responded as he also stepped forward and placed another bag filled with freshly picked fruits right beside Parker's.

Both of the bags were filled with nearly same type of fruits with equal quantity so I said, "Parker... Qingqing said she wanted to eat rice" while looking at Parker.

Parker's eye's instantly widened as he flared up "How can she ask for rice? Does she know how many males die of fatigue from working in the fields! I despise the entitled females the most!"

"Oh! Then Parker I have to tell you that me and my sister are really entitled females, why don't you go and try your luck somewhere else?" I said while rolling my eyes because of his same words from the novel.

Looks like some things and some peoples are inevitable to change.

Parker suddenly came back to his senses after listening to Kyra's words, he looked bewildered because he said something he wasn't even thinking!