(Ch.6)Food and Stay

I got up and looked toward Parker, from his slight irritated expression it was clear that he was expecting that another unpleasing comment will be coming to him by me, so startling that guy I thanked him with a slight head bow.

He was stupefied, He looked so funny right now that I wanted to tease him again, but No! Don't give him excess attention Kyra.

Then I looked toward Sam and thanked him in the same manner, but his reaction was the bestest. He smiled from ear to ear with his fluffy tail fanning.

"Like how I've already told you that I don't like taking favors, so for the repayment, I will let you have something that only royalties can have" I said in a serious commanding tone, making all three of them shocked.

Yes! Good! That's the reaction I want! Very good very good....

"Parker and Sam, can you clean the meat and cut it in small pieces?" It was a request but more sounded like a command.

Parker who was still confused, nodded his head when he saw that Sam already took his prey outside and followed him behind.

I took a deep breath and looked toward my bimbo who was having a expression saying 'I didn't understand anything'. I winked at her and said "Qingqing, you can cook some spiced barbecue for us, right?" I winked once again so that she could connect to my frequency.

Surprisingly, only after several hard winks, she grasped the situation and said "Of course sister, I can cook spiced barbecue that only royalties can eat" in a tone that the guys could hear and then looked at me with eyes saying 'Did I do it right?'.

I really wanted to tell her, that no baby, you really didn't do it right!

After all, she took ages just to get my emotions! I'm sure, it was due to her lack of grasping of the situations that made her and all around her have a hard time in the story...

But, being a responsible adult I gave her an assuring smile, yeah...I mean if I try, then maybe I'll eventually be able to put some common sense in her mind.

I then look toward Harvey and said "Harvey, I want you to show me all the herbs you have, right now. "

He looked a bit confused and hesitant first but still nodded and brought some other small wooden bowls of different size from an inner room and placed them one by one onto the ground for the presentation.

In this while I helped Bai to get up and sit near the stone stove, Harvey objected but received a "Shhhh!" By me and he instantly become silent.

woah! So this 'Shhhh!' Trick works in beastmen too!

My girl sat down beside the stove and started selecting the herbs she wanted, I would have named them, but only if I knew them myself! They were not vegetables but some real stuff, some black and brown, some round while sone flat...

When she collected all the herbs, she asked Harvey for the mortar and pestle.

The guy instantly brought it from the inner room with a beaming smile and gave it to her, receiving a 'thank you' in return.

Harvey~ please close your mouth or else your drool will wet the floor.

I rolled my eyes after seeing this scene but kept on standing beside her like a guard glaring at Harvey.

"Um...Bai qingqing, what do you want to do with the herbs?"

"Oh! I'll use them to season the meat" she replied softly.

"But herbs don't taste good! It will spoil the m-"

"SHHH! my sister didn't ask for your opinion!" I interrupted in an intimidating tone making him go silence once again.