(Ch.15) Second Mate

When I got up in the morning, I found that there was no one inside the house, I stretched out my arms and after going to the bathroom and changing the cotton and burying the used one in a pit for disposal, I sat down on the deck in the front of the house looking around with a confused face when I saw that Eric came out of the forest in his beast form holding a animal hide bag in his mouth.

He instantly halted after looking at me, I gave him a smile which made him walk upto me as he placed the animal hide bag on my lap. I looked down to find that there were fruits inside it so I habitually stretched out my hand and rubbed his head but suddenly I realised my mistake of mistaking him as Sam.

I warily looked toward him to find that even he was stunned, before I could've removed my 'bad hand', Eric turned into his human form in a sitting pose with both knees kneeled down, looking at me with shocked eyes while I was also giving him the bestest competition with the same look.

His Auburn golden eyes were definitely the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen, whenever I looked at them, they always appears to be peering right into my mind or soul, so before he could've guessed my inner malicious thoughts I looked away but my vision accidentally caught a glimpse of his member which was definitely a monster in real life.

My face instantly turned red so I looked away bashfully, I instinctively retracted my hand as I said "Ugh.. Eric...why don't you get dressed...".

My words instantly made him react because he dashed inside the house and came back with a fur skirt on.

He apologized but I chuckled as I told him that it was nothing while motioning for him to sit beside me, he hesitated but still got seated.

"Where are others? I didn't see a single soul except you!" I asked while looking in the front.

"They went to that leopard's house, whom Sam fought with yesterday" Eric replied calmly but his words were enough for making me cough up blood.

"WHY?" I asked with both surprise and fury.

Eric looked at me and replied, "Qingqing said that she wanted to visit and see how he is doing."

"This girl! She really can't be left alone! Is there really any reason for visiting him?" I talked to myself but instantly realised that I wasn't alone so I looked toward Eric with an embarassed smile as I apologized for speaking like this.

"No! Please don't! Why are you apologising?" Eric instantly replied with his flabbergasted expression which made me chuckle all of a sudden.

Eric looked at Kyra's smiling face which made him smile too, so he asked in a soft tone "Do you want to go there too?"

"Huh? Why would I go to that leopard's place?" I asked in a confused tone while munching on the fruits.

"Because Sam and your sister are there..."

"So what? They will eventually come back and since Sam is there with her, I'm not the least worried about her safety"I replied with a smile as I offered some fruits to Eric.

He hesitated but still took the smallest of all the plums and nodded, After the fruits I went inside and took out a big bowl of hot meat and vegetable soup that was definitely prepared in the morning and handed it to Eric while I went to bring mine.

We both silently ate our breakfast while sitting on the deck, looking at the beautiful scenery in the front with cool breeze embracing us.

Soon Qingqing and Sam came back, Sam came running toward me and gave me a hug while Qingqing smiled cheerfully after looking at us, but when she noticed that I was giving her death stares she shuddered.