I had to check for myself again though, and they both wore short sleeved outfits that made it easy to see their arms.

"Alpha." "Alpha Adrianne." They both acknowledged.

I nodded at them.
Then I smiled. "Hi Mara, hi Aliyah."
"Hi Adriane." Mara smiled back and I pulled her in for a quick hug.
All this formality is still a bit weird to me.
I pulled Aaliyah in for a quick hug too.
"Hello, again" she smiled at me as well, looking a bit less tense.

They must have both been tense with the cryptic way I sent for them.
They hardly had any idea why I was summoning them, much less to a meeting with Evelyn, so it was only natural.

I wanted to tell them everything in person because we were still trying to keep information as secure and confidential as possible. There could be ears anywhere.

I led them to the couches in the living room where Evelyn already had her eyes trained on them.

Aliyah hasn't been here for long, and technically Mara hasn't been here too long either, so I wasn't sure if this was the first time Evelyn has ever actually seen them.

After Evelyn came back she just returned to her normal ways and was cooped up in her hut as usual.
I was pretty sure this was the first time they were seeing each other.

Before they could even make the move to sit down Evelyn stopped them.
"You," she pointed at Aliyah, "Come here. You sit." She told Mara to sit.

They both looked a bit stunned and looked toward me.
I just gave them a small reassuring smile and nodded for them to proceed.

Mara sat and Aliyah approached Evelyn.

"As you know there's a lot going on in the pack at the moment. And we've got a big fight coming up. I brought you both here for Evelyn to see if you are both healers and how far your capabilities go. I hope that's okay."

I'd already mentioned this to Mara before and she told me she'd talk to her sister about it as well. I just felt like I should say it again so that they'd be sure of what's going on now.

Aliyah nodded and offered up her hand to Evelyn's proffered hand.
And in the usual Evelyn fashion, she grew out her nail, made a tiny incision on her hand and started 'reading'.

Evelyn didn't say much or anything at all as she did this.
After about an hour she was done with both of them and now staring silently at them.
They, of course seemed uncomfortable under Evelyn's scrutinizing stare, I however have gotten used to it and so I knew she didn't mean anything bad by it.

"Well?" I trailed off hoping she'd say something.

"They're both healers." She simply stated.

Yes! I knew it.

I was jubilating on the inside while Mara looked visibly shocked, like she was about to pass out and Aliyah, Aliyah just looked confused.

"That's not right, that not possible." Mara finally found her voice again after moments of stunned silence.

Evelyn turned to me this time.
"Alpha, I am certain, they are both healers. But this one," she said turning to stare at Aliyah again, like she'd been staring for the past ten minutes, "there's something different about this one."

"Good different?" I asked.

"Special different."

Woah.

"Her sister here," she gestured towards Mara, "Is a wolf with healing abilities. But she, she seems to be a full fledged nature helper, and something more, her aura is so strong. Much like Sorayah."