Ch. 12: History Lessons

They returned to the Owl House and Luz put the mushrooms on the table.

"3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 mushrooms." Luz said to everyone as they all took off their winter clothes.

"I'd say that was a good trip." Eda said.

"Aside from whoever was following us but I'm glad they didn't follow us back." Willow said.

"Yeah, but I'm not gonna think about why they followed us in the first place." Skara said.

"Best not to think about it." Eda said.

As they followed Eda's advice, they looked around to wonder where Camila was.

"Where's mom?" Luz asked, standing up.

They heard talking from upstairs.

"She's upstairs." Willow said as Luz and Eda head upstairs.

"Should we follow them?" Skara asked.

"I mean.....it's not our business but I am curious." Willow said.

The two of them went upstairs as well. Inside of Luz's closet, Camila was getting a demon lesson by King and Hooty.

"Incredible." Camila said, taking notes.

"If you think that's incredible, just wait until I tell you about how bug demons communicate." Hooty said with a smile.

"Uh, mom?" Luz asked.

"Oh, Luz! You're back! You'll never guess what I've learned, Hooty is a very wonderful teacher." Camila said with a smile.

"Hooty? A teacher?!" Eda said in shock.

"Really!?" Luz asked, sitting next to Camila, "I want to know what you're talking about!"

"Are you sure she's not your biological daughter?" Eda asked, staring at the two.

"A new student? Great!" King said with a smile.

"Are you just going to ignore me?" Eda asked as she put her hand on her hips.

"I want to learn, Eda." Luz said.

"And who better to learn from than a bug demon, one of the three demon types such as myself?" Hooty asked, referring to his worm like body.

"Demon type?" Luz asked.

"He means bug, biped, beast demon types, Luz. The three main types of demons in this world." Camila said, "It's fascinating."

"Cool!" Luz said with a smile.

'I didn't even know that.' Skara thought as she and Willow looked impressed by Hooty's demon knowledge.

"Well, whenever you're done with Hooty's and King's weird lesson, meet me in the den to get the other ingredients." Eda said to them.

"Okay, Eda!"

Eda left with Skara and Willow following behind.

"Well at least I still have you two to help with the ingredients." Eda said to them.

"So what's the next one?" Willow asked.

"It's an easy one, no chance of monsters with this one." Eda said to them, reaching into her hair and pulling out a list, "The only problem is that it's inside of the nostrils."

"You mean the ones that are only reachable if you climb a set of steep cliffs that is inaccessible by staff?" Skara asked.

"Yep, those are the ones. It's pretty easy if you have the right gear or use levitation magic to keep you stable." Eda said.