Ch. 5: A Family Promise

Ten minutes later, Luz came out of the bathroom, wiping her mouth of any remaining vomit.

"Yeah... that was a weed killer potion." Eda said, "You need to wear a special mask while using it, and it's only used by Plant Witches."

"Now you tell me." Luz said, groaning a bit as she held her stomach. "Why don't you label your bottles more often if it's your main source of business?"

"I have a good memory about what I make. And King and Hooty know not to just sniff bottles randomly." Eda said, reaching into her hair and pulling out a bottle of water. "Here, this should wash that taste out of your mouth."

Luz took the bottle and drank it.

"Well, as long as you don't sniff the potions again, I think you can handle a simple potion run." Eda said.

"Okay but how would I know where to go?" Luz asked, finishing half the bottle.

"King will be your guide. He's done this for me before so he'll lead the way." Eda said.

"Weh?" King said.

"Don't "Weh" me. It's either you help Luz or you start paying rent." Eda said to him.

"But I haven't even had breakfast yet!" King shouted at Eda.

'Please don't let my birth family be like this.' Luz thought.

After a short argument and a surprisingly good breakfast made by Luz, the hidden triclops and small demon were off on their deliveries with a sack of potions in hand.

"Be back before sundown!" Eda said from the door.

"Have a nice trip!" Hooty said.

"Alright, let's go." King said.

"I'll follow your lead." Luz said, holding the bag over her shoulder as she followed him into town. "By the way, do you mind telling me a bit more about this place?"

"What do you want to know?"

"What families have long Potion history?" Luz asked.

"Seriously? That?" King asked her.

"What? I'm still curious about it." Luz said with a shrug.

"Yeah, yeah but I won't be able to help much. I don't know as much as Eda." King said to her.

"Damn."

"Just ask her some more when we get back. You can wait that long, can't you?" King asked her.

"Yeah, it's just... I'm so close to finding my real family." Luz said.

"I get that but you're so impatient. Some things take time, don't they?" King asked Luz.

"Aww, aren't you a little wise boy?" Luz asked him.

"I'm not a little boy!" King said.

"Yes you are!" Luz said cutely.

"I am 8 years old, I am not a little boy!" King shouted at her.

"Oh, you're so-"

Luz wasn't watching where she was going and bumped into someone.

"Watch it!"

Luz quickly straightened up as she looked at the person she bumped into, finding her to have three eyes like her original form did!

"Oh! I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going." Luz said, adjusting the potions bag.

"Whatever, just look more carefully." Boscha said before sniffing the air. "Also, put tighter corks on those potions, they'll expire faster if you don't."