Ch. 1: A Whole New World

Luz doesn't know her past, but she knows she does belong in the Human Realm. She knows this because she's never seen another human makes circles with their finger. She's asked her mom, but all Camila knows is that she found Luz near the old cabin, burnt and bleeding, with no memory of who she is, where she was, or anything. No name, no family, nothing but an old burnt and broken locket. Inside, the picture was damaged, you can't even tell it's a photo. Luz walked over to a mirror and made a spell circle. It was weird, it was like magic was the only thing she truly remember, or maybe it was just second nature to her, like breathing. Her illusion faded and she saw her true self. Her light pink skin, her usual long dark hair, her pointed ears, her fangs, and most importantly... her third eye. She let out a groan, knowing there's a place that she belongs, that her real family is out there, but not being able to do anything.

"Maybe today is the day I finally learn about my past." She said, putting her illusion back up.

She grabbed her bag and put her Azura book in it, she placed her journal in it, and she placed her locket in there. She left her room and went downstairs.

"Are you going to go look by the cabin again, Mija?" Camila asked.

"I am, I need to know where I came from, and that's my only clue." Luz said.

"Well give me a minute, I'll help you."

"Really?" Luz asked, "You... you're going to help me, even if it means I leave you?"

"It hurts me to see you so eaten up inside about this." Camila said, "I would rather have you leave and be happy, than stay and be miserable."

Luz hugged her adoptive mother. Camila hugged her back, for around a decade, Luz would try and find anything about where she came from, and she knows that cabin has the big clue she needs. A few minutes later, they're by the cabin, when they notice the doorframe has a glowing light in it.

"Mom, that's... that's magic! That's like me!" Luz said, "I need to check it out!"

Luz ran into the portal, Camila following her and calling her name. In the Isles, a hand grabbed a locket, almost identical to the one Luz has, but this one was undamaged. She opened it and looked at the picture inside.

"Hi, Sis... I miss you." Boscha said.

Boscha Triplet, ironically enough, a twin. Today was always the hardest for her. It was the anniversary of her fraternal twin sister going missing. They were a weird duo, they looked almost identical, but her sister had their mamas hair, while Boscha took more of a dark pink hair. They both had three, grayish blue, eyes. Boscha closed the locket and put it on her vanity. She got ready for school, not having the energy to deal with anything today.

'This is going to be a long day.' Boscha thought, already feeling drained.

Hopefully something special would happen to turn that frown upside down for Boscha.

'Yeah, maybe my sister will come back.' Boscha thought with sarcasm.