Power Struggle: Part 1

It was early in the morning on the Boiling Isles. Luz, King, her mother, and her friends all stood in front of the newly assembled portal door. They had replaced the front door with it, and they had to say it didn't look too bad.

Rather than keep the original design of the old portal door, they changed it to more fit with the Owl House's color palette. Luz had dictated they keep the signature eye on the portal door, out of respect to King's dad.

"Alright, let's hope this works!" Luz said, holding the key in her hand.

She approached the door, and put the key in the lock. Luz turned the key, and opened the door... To reveal not the Owl House's living room, but a forest in the Human Realm.

"It works! It really works!" Gus exclaimed, smiling widely.

"That's the forest near Gravesfield!" Amity noticed.

"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go!" King exclaimed, rushing to enter the portal.

He's stopped by Luz, who put a hand in front of the little Titan.

"Whoa King, slow down... You can't just go through like... That." Luz explained, gesturing at King.

"You... You just gestured to all of me!" King said.

"Luz is right, rey. Hiding Witch ears is one thing... But it would be nearly impossible to hide the fact you're not human!" Camila explained to the Titan.

King sighed, "But I want to go too! I want to see the Human Realm!".

Luz thought for a moment, thinking of a way to safely bring King with them without him getting spotted... Before a sly smile appeared on her face.

***

"Comfy back there, King?" Luz asked as she and the others walked into the forest toward Gravesfield.

King's head poked out of the backpack on Luz's back.

"It's a bit cramped in here, but yeah." King answered, moving around slightly to get more comfortable.

"Good" Luz said, as she turned to the others. "If anyone asks about King, just say he's my emotional support animal." She told them.

The others nodded, "So, we're getting Vee and then going back to the Isles?" Amity asked.

"That's the plan!" Luz confirmed.

"I hope she's been okay. It's been a week since we left." Camila remarked.

As they all walked through the forest to make it back to town, Luz wondered how Eda was doing at that Coven meeting Raine had taken her to.

***

Eda probably had never wanted to die more in her entire life until now.

The Clawthorne had been at this Coven head meeting for the last three hours now, and it seemed to get more soul-crushing the longer she sat in her chair. For the last few hours it seemed the conversations would repeat, arguing about the same topic over and over...

"We spent months trying to dismantle the Emperor's Coven! Why in Titan's name would we reinstate the throne?!" Eberwolf exclaimed, sitting on Darius' shoulder.

"We need a leader now that Belos is gone, and rebuilding the Emperor's Coven seems like the smartest decision." Vitimir explained.

"Oh, and let me guess... You would be in charge of it?" Darius deadpanned, seeing where this conversation was going.

"Well, somebody needs to!" Adrian reasoned, "We won't get far without a leader!"

"You're just saying that because you want to be in charge." Eberwolf claimed, also deadpanning.