Unexpected Resistance: Part 2

Camila sighed in relief as she saw the abandoned house through the trees.

She had spent almost the entire morning shopping in the Human Realm to restock the Owl House with food she and her daughters could eat. Turns out Vee and Luz could really burn through food pretty quick.

Shopping in the mornings was always hard (Especially without coffee), but Camila had managed to get through it and was now on her way back to the Demon Realm.

She pulled out the key Lilith had made for her, and unlocked the portal door. Stepping through the glowing entrance, she found herself back in the Owl House's living room.

"Hello? Anybody here?" Camila questioned.

"We're in the kitchen, Mom!" Vee's voice answered from the kitchen.

Camila walked into the kitchen, and found Vee along with the Collector sitting at the table. Luz was at the stove, putting an omelet onto a plate.

"Morning mamá!" Luz greeted, seeing Camila enter the kitchen.

"Morning Mija! I see you're all awake." Camila remarked, putting down the groceries on the counter.

"Hi Luz's mom!" The Collector waved from the table.

"Hello, Estrellita..." Camila couldn't help but smile, returning the greeting.

"How was shopping this morning?" Vee asked, as Camila leaned on a nearby counter.

"Long, hard, and irritating with a severe lack of caffeine..." Camila replied rather flatly.

"Sorry to hear that... But at least you're back now!" Luz remarked, looking at the bright side... When Camila remembered something.

"Oh, and I also ran into Masha at the store as I was shopping... They're still planning on coming hija." Camila said, facing Vee.

Vee grinned. Masha had agreed to take a couple days off work, and come to the Demon Realm for a small vacation and to check everything out. Vee couldn't wait to spend the day in Bonesborough with them.

"You know, if Masha is coming today... We could all spend the day exploring town. A good chunk of the town has been rebuilt already!" Luz suggested, to which the others seemed to like the sound of.

"Hey yeah, that could be fun!" Vee agreed, and she turned to the Collector. "Would you wanna come, Collector?"

"Uh, sure! I guess that could be fun to do!" The Collector replied, smiling a bit.

"It's settled then! Once Masha arrives, and King wakes up... We can start heading to town." Camila decided... To which Luz seemed confused.

"Wait, didn't King go shopping with you?" Luz asked

Camila shook her head. She had been tempted to take the little Titan with her (would have helped with her emotional state during the shopping trip), but had decided against it and had let him sleep.

"No... I haven't seen him all morning." Camila replied, "I thought he was still asleep along with the rest of you."

Luz, Vee, and the Collector blinked in confusion.

"Huh... Then where the heck IS King?" Luz questioned out loud.

***

Lilith and Raine looked out at the Boiling Sea. This early in the morning, the waves were actually quite soothing to watch. The way the boiling water would hit the shores, and the slight sizzling sound it made each time was quite nice.

Eda could agree with that sentiment after a few bottles of Apple Blood woke her up completely.

"You know drinking while flying is a horrible idea, right?" Lilith deadpanned at the sight of her sister