Chapter 17

They were in the car for almost an hour.
Kaylas leg was shaking as she took a few deep breaths.
Hunter noticed her leg shaking to he put his arm around her and pull her close the him, he then rested the other hand on her leg to stop the shaking. "Only a few minutes left." He said in a low tone. "Kayla?"
"Hm?" Was all the could say.
"Im really sorry." Hunter apologised.
"Hunter. I told you I needed time. You said you were going to respect that, but now look." Kaylas voice was cracking.
"Kayla. You don't understand. Tyson was after you." Hunter explained.
Kayla shook her head and then crossed her arms and legs as she looked away from Hunter.
Hunter sighed and then smiled when he realised they were at the house in the forest.
Derek parked the SUV in front of a huge house that was in the forest, hidden from everyone else.
When Kayla looked through the window, she could see everyone else coming out of all the other SUVs.
At the top of the stairs stood Mrs Parker.
When Hunter got out of the car, he put his hand out for Kayla, but she blanked him and got out herself.
"Kayla! Oh my god! Are you okay?" Ashley asked, cuffing Kaylas' cheeks.
"Im okay. I've been better." Kayla shrugged.
Ashley hugged Kayla and said, "Dont worry. You're safe here."
When she let go, she smacked the back of Hunters head. "Take care of her!"
"Ow. I did." Hunter laughed.
"Darek? Can you bring their suitcases in please?" Ashley asked.
"Yes, ma'am." Derek nodded.
"Hi, Auntie Ashley." Mia said, hugging Ashley.
"Hi hun, you okay?" Ashley hugged her back.
"Yeah." Mia smiled before she went back to Damien.
"Aw, are you two finally together?" Ashley assumed.
Mia and Damien smiled at each other until Damien spoke. "Yep."
"Good for you two." Ashley smiled. "Come on, everyone, let's go in. Dinner is at 6:00."
Everyone went inside and headed to their rooms.
Kayla felt nervous as she followed Hunter to his room.
When she entered, two maids left the room. They were putting all the clothes away and making the bed.
Kayla entered the room and was surprised to see it was almost bigger than the one back home. This room had a huge bed, closet, and a desk that Hunter did all his work on.
Hunter sat down in the chair at the desk and pulled a file out of his backpack.
He opened the file, and there was a picture of Tyson with all his information.
Kayla was curious as what Hunter was doing, but she acted like she didn't care.
She walked around him while scrolling on her phone, and she took little glances at what he was doing.
After she got the hint Hunter was doing research on Tyson, she sat down on the bed and looked through her photos on Instagram.
She came across the mirror picture she took with Hunter.
She looked over at him and stared for a few seconds before she continued looking at her photos.
"Hunter? Kayla? Both of you come down. Hurry!" Sofie screamed.
Hunter and Kayla looked at each other before running downstairs.
"Whats up?" Hunter asked, concerned.
"Hunter, I think Tysons is planning on coming to the main house tonight." Ace said.
"Why would you think that?" Kaylas hands started to shake.
"He usually becomes 'friends with a girl then kidnaps her. Since Hunter saved you last time, he might come back tonight." Ace explained.
"Shit. You're right." Hunter sat down.
"Well, someone has to go back in case he does come tonight." Vicky said.
"I'll go." Hunter said.
"Me too." Nick added.
"No. I'm going on this mission alone." Hunter made clear, then went back to his room.
Kayla felt nervous and scared until Mia hugged her.
"He'll be fine. This is Hunter were talking about. The guy who went on his first missionat the age 7." Mia said reassuringly.
"Thanks." Kayla said softly as Mia let go.
Mia smiled before Kayla went back up to the bedroom.
She stood at the door as she saw Hunter putting his essentials in his backpack.
When he saw her, he sighed.
She looked upset to see him leaving, but she tried to hide her emotions.
Hunter sat in the bed and then patted his leg for Kayla to sit.
She walked up to him. Hunter then took her hand and sat her down in his lap.
"What's wrong?" Hunter asked.
Kayla took a few seconds but eventually said, "I thought you're not going to leave me. Now you're going."
Hunter sighed, then hid his head in the crook of her neck. "It's only for one night. I swear I'll be back if you need me for anything."
Hunter picked his head back up and looked into her eyes.
Kayla got up from his lap. She wasn't ready to forgive me just yet. She sat down at the windowsill.
Hunter continued to pack. When he finished, he picked up his backpack and walked to Kayla. "I'll be back tomorrow morning." He bent down a little and kissed her cheek. "Dont forget, I'm the guy you hate." He kidded before he left the room.
A little tear fell down Kaylas cheek when she watched him from the window.
He was getting in the SUV, and then Derek drove away.