Chapter 2

Kayla walked into her first class. She scanned the room for a vacant seat and smiled when she saw one. She sat down and got her books out of her bag and placed them on the table.
Just before class started, Hunter walked in and sat right behind Kayla.
"Kayla." He said. When she ignored him, he repeated, "Kayla." But when she still wouldn't reply to him, he got up and sat down near her.
"Please go." She sighed.
"Aw, you can stop pretending you hate me." He said teasingly.
"Im not pretending." She gave him a sarcastic smile, scrunching her nose. "What do you want anyway?"
"So, your dad is back, huh?" Hunter asked.
"Yeah?" Kayla answered, confused. Why is he trying to make conversation with her?
Kayla felt an ache in her chest when the next person walked into the class.
Noah Miller. Her ex who had cheated on her.
She kept her gaze low as he walked past her and kept his eyes on her the whole time.
He sat in a seat behind her.
"That was intense. " Hunter whispered in Kaylas ear, chuckling.
"Shut up. " Kayla groaned.
Soon after class started, a girl walked into the classroom.
She was tall and had long black silky hair.
"Damn." Was muttered under quite a few of the boys' breaths but not Hunters.
"Okay, class, settle down. This is Mia Parker. She's new, so everyone make her feel welcome." Mrs James, the teacher said.
Mia sat down in a seat at the front of the class.
"Okay, class, get your books from your desks out and read from page 37- 57. You'll have a test on it in 2 days, so take the time now to revise." Mrs James sat down at her desk and started marking different classes tests.
Kayla heard and saw as Noah got up and sat near Mia.
Of course, he would want to make a move on her. Hunter sat up in hid seat and watched them intensely.
"Hey, im Noah."
"Hi, im Mia. You already know that." She said awkwardly.
"Yeah..well, you wanna go out sometime?" Noah asked, after looking at Kayla to make her jealous.
He moved a piece of hair behind her ear.
"Um... sure." Mia laughed a little.
Honestly, kayla didn't care that she wasn't with Noah anymore. What hurt her was that he cheated on her.
The whole lesson was a nightmare.
Kayla wanted to just study, but all she heard was Mia's giggle and Noahs gross laugh.
Kayla checked the time on the clock and sighed when she saw she had 30 minutes left of the lesson.
She closed the book making it slam a little louder than she intended.
"You jealous?" Hunter snickered.
"No. I just can't focus around them." She mumbled.
Hunter nodded and smirked.
"Im not jealous." She clarified.
"Okay. I didn't think you were." He said.
"What have you even been doing the whole lesson?" Kayla turned to him.
Hunter shrugged as he continued to scroll through his phone.
"What were you and dad talking about anyway?" She asked.
"Family." Hunter shrugged again.
"Fine. Don't tell me." Kayla looked away.
A small chuckle escaped Hunters mouth.
As soon as it was lunch, Kayla went to the canteen with only her drink.
She looked for an empty table to sit and read.
As she walked up to a table until Noah and Mia sat down at it.
Within a few seconds, they started making out.
Noah pulled away from Mia. "Oh, Kayla, were you going to sit here? You still can if you don't mind us making out."
"Im fine." Kayla mumbled back before turning away.
As soon as she turned, her face fell in someone's chest. "Hey!" She pushed away from them and looked up.
"Sorry, princess," Hunter smirked, as he looked down at her.
"What do you want?" She put her drink down on the table then crossed her arms
"Mia. Why are you with that donkey?" Hunter laughed.
"Hey, Hunter. This is my new boyfriend." Mia smiled.
Kayla looked back and forth at Mia and Hunter. Did they know each other?
"Your boyfriend? Mia, you're not serious. Are you? This guy has gone out with 10 different girls at once." Hunter informed her.
"What? You're joking, right?" Mia was is disbelief.
"No. He was talking to 2 otter girls while i was with him" Kayla added.
"Seriously?" Mia stood up.
Kayla gently nodded. She felt her face go red as Hunter looked at her after hearing what she said.
"Jerk." Mia spun around and slapped Noah across his face.
Kayla hid her laughing behind her hand as Hunter burst out laughing behind her.
"The fuck?!" Noah stood up, towering over Mia.
Hunter got in between Mia and Noah, face to face with Noah.
"Hunter, leave him. Im fine." Mia said.
"Break up with him." Hunter commanded.
"Dont worry. I have." She calmed him down.
"What? Babe -" Noah started.
But Hunter interrupted him "She broke up with you now fuck off."
Noah gritted his teeth as he looked at Kayla. He then stormed out the canteen.
Hunter faced Mia and put his hand on her shoulder looking down at her. "You alright?"
"Yeah, I'm fine." She smiled.
"Alright, if you need anything just let me know." Hunter insisted.