Chapter 14

6:00 pm
"Guys! Are you almost done with Kaylas hair and makeup?" Mia asked as Ruby did Kaylas hair, and Sofie did Kaylas lashes.
"Yes." Ruby replied as she put the last bobby pin in Kaylas hair.
"Okay, well, hurry, everyone is here now." Mia said before leaving the room.
"Okay, Kayla." Sofie said. "Your makeup is all done. I'm gonna go now."
Kayla gently nodded as Sofie left the room.
Kaylas leg started shaking rapidly. When Ruby noticed, she said to Kayla, "You look beautiful."
"Thank you." Kayla replied, squeezing Ruby's hand affectionately.
"Come on. Let's go." Ruby picked up her purse.
"Wait, Ruby?" Kayla said before Ruby turned to her. "Is Hunter hiding something from me? He was acting weird this morning."
Ruby knew what Hunter was trying to tell Kayla. "I really want to tell you, but I'm sorry, Kayla. I can't be the one to tell you. He has to tell you."
Kayla sighed, then faked a smile. "It's okay."
The ballroom started to get packed, and people were becoming impatient.
"Mum, Dad? Where's Kayla?" Hunter asked.
"I dont know." Ashley shrugged.
Hunter walked over to Mia. "I thought you called Kayla. Where is she?"
Everyone started gasping in awe.
"I think your wife just walked in." Mia smiled.
Hunter turned around and saw Kayla standing at the top of the stairs.
"Nows your moment." Mia said, pushing Hunter gently as a joke.
Hunter walked towards the stairs and waited for Kayla to get to the bottom.
When she got to the last step, he took her hand and led her into the middle of the room.
"Excuse me. Can I have everyone's attention?" Hunter said loudly and clearly. "I know im pretty young, but im officially married. It may come as a shock to most of you since I've known you since i was little, but now im married. And this is my beautiful wife, Kayla Woods Parker. " Hunter faced Kayla. His eyes slowly went down to her lips.
Everyone was waiting in silence for them to kiss.
Hunter tucked his fingers under her chin and slowly lifted her head. He then leaned in and kissed her.
Everyone in the room started applauding.
After a few seconds of the heated kiss, Kayla pulled away. Hunter didn't think too much of it.
"Thank you all for coming. Have a good time tonight." Hunter said before everyone continued to enjoy the ceremony.
"Im gonna go talk with.. Ruby and Ace." Kayla said as she slipped out of Hunters hand
"Yeah, sure." Hunter replied.
Kayla made her way over to them.
"Hey, how's the night going?" Ruby asked.
"Fine, fine." Kayla nodded.
"Hey, Ace? Can I ask you something?" Kayla started
Ruby sighed, knowing what Kayla would ask.
"Everyone knows something that I don't know. Can you tell me?" Kayla questioned.
"Nothing is going on." Ace shrugged.
Kayla let out a huff.
Suddenly, everyone in the room started screaming as men in all black, with masks, ran into the room and crashed the party.
"What's going on?" Kayla asked.
Ace quickly put his hand over her mouth and hid her behind some curtains. "Stay there. Do not move. Ruby, you know what to do."
Kayla peeked her head out of the curtains a little and instantly hid again once she saw the scene.
People carrying guns, shooting each other. All her friends, her dad, her husband, the men in black, all of them were carrying guns.
She felt herself struggle to breathe.
Suddenly, someone had gotten really close to her.
"Boss! I've found her!" The guy yelled before gripping onto kaylas arm and pulling her out from behind the curtain. "Aagh!" The guy yelled as he was shot on his shoulder.
"Hunter!" Greyson yelled as he pointed at Kayla.
"Shit." Hunter groaned as he ran towards Kayla and the man.
Hunter continued to punch the man till he passed out.
"Stay here." Hunter commanded before he continued to fight.
The fight lasted a few minutes until the men in black finally left.
Hunter walked to the curtains and opened it. "Where's kayla?" He asked when he realised she wasn't there.
"Where's my daughter?" Eddie yelled.
"She's upstairs!" Vicky yelled from the top of the stairs.
Everyone ran upstairs and went into Hunters and Kaylas' bedroom.
"What are you doing?" Hunter asked as Kayla continued to pack her suitcase.
Kayla ignored him.
"Kayla!" Eddie yelled.
She flinched a little as tears welled up in her eyes and ran down her face. Her dad never yelled at her like that. "What!"
Eddie opened his mouth to yell, but Hunter stopped him by putting his hand up.
"What are you doing?" Hunter asked in a calm tone
"Im leaving! You guys are all liars! You said you weren't hiding anything from me, and then this happens?" She screamed.
"Let me explain." Hunter said, but Kayla zipped up her suitcase and pulled it downstairs.
Everyone followed her downstairs and to the entrance of the house.
Hunter didn't get any closer to Kayla.
"Are you not going to follow her?" Nick asked.
"No! No, he's not!" Kayla said. She stormed out the house and slammed the door shut.
Hunter picked up his motorbike keys and went out of the house from the back door.
"Babe, let's go in my car." Ace said to Ruby.
The wind rustled through the trees.
Kayla didn't know where she was going, but she carried on walking and dragging her suitcase along with her.
Hunter followed her on his motorbike from afar but stayed in the shadows so she wouldn't see him.
As Kayla walked, a guy walked up to her. "Hey, you okay?"
"Im fine, Tyson." Kayla mumbled.
"You dont look fine. Tell me what's wrong." He said, comforting her.
Hunter hid his bike behind a building and started to walk quietly towards them.
"I just... something happened with my... husband." Kayla said while her voice broke.
"Come here." Tyson said, wrapping his arms around her.
Kayla hugged him back and let the tears from her eyes fall onto his shirt.
As Kayla hugged him, she felt something poke into her arm. "What did you do?" She asked after pulling away. Her head started spinning.
"Silly girl." Tyson laughed. "You should never trust anyone."
"T-tyson?" Kayla felt tired and dazed as she fell out of Tysons arms. She waited for the pain of the hard concrete floor to hit her head, but it never came.
All she saw was Tyson being knocked out, and she was being carried into a car, and then everything went black.