Chapter 9

Kayla kissed her teeth "Whatever." She sat down. Everyone was silent "I want to do something fun." Kayla whined.
"Want to go to a party?" Mia suggested.
"Are you out of your mind?" Hunter asked."It's way too dangerous to go out now. "
"And why is it too dangerous?" Kayla questioned as she crossed her arms. When Hunter didn't reply, she said "Fine ill go myself. "
"Wait." Hunter stopped her. "Everyone get ready. I guess we're going to a party. "
Everyone quickly ran to their rooms to get ready as Kayla waited downstairs for them.
She was fixing her hair in the mirror when Hunter popped up behind her.  "You're really annoying, you know that?"
"I would highly disagree." Kayla replied. "Im more..persuasive."
Just then, everyone came down.
"Let's go. " sofie said as Xavier put his arms around her.
"Greyson, you take vicky, Ace, Damien, and Ruby. " Hunter commanded. "Nick, you take Belle, Xavier, Sofie, and Mia. Then I'll go with Kayla on my motorbike."
"No." Kayla refused.
"What?" Hunter questioned
"Im not getting on that thing with you. " She crossed her arms.
Hunter groaned. "Fine. Xavier, you and Sofie take my motorbike. "
"Okay. Come on." Xavier said as he locked his hand in Sofie's.
Everyone left the house and got in the cars.
"Where is this party?" Kayla asked as she sat in between Mia and Hunter.
"It's like half an hour away." Nick said as he drove.
"Hunter! Move your arm!" Kayla yelled as she moved around in her seat.
"How can such a tiny person be so annoying?" Hunter teased.
"Excuse me?" Kayla smacked his chest.
"Everyone shut up." Belle started to move down her seat and cover her face with her hair.
"What's up, babe?" Nick asked in confusion.
"The ravenwoods are following us. I think." Belle replied.
"What?" Hunter asked as he rolled up his tinted window.
"I'll message everyone else." Mia said as she sent a text to a group chat.
Mia: Guys, the Ravenwoods found us. Try to hide
"Shall we go back home?" Belle asked.
"No. We can't, " Hunter replied."They don't know where we live, and if we go home, they'll follow us."
"What is happening?" Kayla asked as she leaned over Hunter to roll his window down.
Hunter gripped Kayla and pulled her down on her seat.
"Hold on." Nick said as he stepped on the gas. He put his hood up.
Suddenly, they were driving faster than the wind as a black Mercedes followed them
"Who's following us?" Kayla asked as she turned her head. "What are you doing?!" She screamed as Hunter pulled her onto his lap and pressed her head against his neck so she couldn't move.
"Kayla. Do not move." Hunter whispered in her ear as Nick parked the car behind a building.
After 5 minutes of waiting, Mias phone rang.
Damien.
"Hello?" Mia said after answering.
"Yo. We've lost them. Where are you guys?" Damien spoke into the phone.
"We're behind the Diamond lounge." Mia said.
"Oh, cool. Are we going in? I always wanted to come to this club." Kayla interrupted.
"Okay. We were on our way. I'll tell Xavier and Sofie to come." Damien said before hanging up.
"Let's go." Hunter said before opening the car door.
Kayla jumped off his lap and walked to the entrance
"Sorry, little girl. I need an ID." The bouncer said to Kayla.
"Dont worry, Zeke. She's with us." Hunter said before they walked in
"Im going to slap that guy." Kayla huffed."Little girl?"
"Okay. Let's get a drink." Mia guided Kayla in the direction of the bar.
"Oh, he's cute." Kayla said about the bartender.
"Yeah. He is. Don't get any ideas, though. You're married. Remember?" Mia laughed as they sat down.
"Hey, what can I get started for you ladies?" The bartender asked.
"Can I have a tequila? Keep them coming." Kayla said.
"Same." Mia nodded.
"Coming right up." He got out 2 glasses and poured the drink before leaving in a little room.
"Oh look, they're here," Mia motioned for Sofie, Belle, Vicky, and Ruby to sit with them.
"Hey!" Belle squealed before taking a sip of Kaylas drink. "Mmm, where's the bartender?"
"Here." He came back.
"Whoa. Are you single?" Ruby asked.
"Ruby!" Kayla laughed
"Did you forget about Ace?" Sofie asked.
"Of course I haven't." Ruby laughed "Can you give us all that drink?"
"Sure. And to answer your question, no, I don't have a girlfriend." He said before winking at Kayla.
After the bartender left, everyone turned to Kayla.
"What?" She blushed as she moved her finger around the rim of her glass.
"He likes you." Vicky laughed.
"No, he doesn't." Kayla took a sip of her drink.
"Yes. I do." The guy came back. "My name is Ryder."
Kayla couldn't help but just smile at him
"You dont have a name?" Ryder joked.
"No, i do. Kayla." She mumbled.
"Smooth." Mia whispered loudly.
"Shut up." Kayla nudged her.
"She's married." Vicky blurted out.
"Married?" Ryder repeated."How old are you?"
"18. I'll be 19 next year..in May." Kayla embarrassed herself.
"How old is your boyf- husband?" Ryder asked.
"18 as well. He's 9 next Monday." Kayla answered
"Well, I'll be back." Ryder smirked before leaving.
"Hunter is 19 next week?" Ruby questioned.
"Yeah." Kayl nodded.
"Who's that guy?" Ace asked, pointing at Ryder.
"Who?" Hunter asked as he turned around, but Ryder had already left to go to a room in the back.
"Never mind." Ace said.
"Whats Noah doing here?" Damien questioned.
When Kaylas eyes spotted Noah, her words stuttered. "Im- I need to go to...the bathroom." She quickly left.
"What-" Mia said until her eyes landed on the guy Kayla ran away from. "Noah."
"Noah?" Ruby questioned.
"The other day at this party, Noah...slapped kayla. Hes her ex." Mia sighed.
"What?" Everyone gasped
Mia gently nodded.
"We need to tell Hunter. Does he know?" Belle asked.
"When I brought it up in front of him, Kayla didn't seem like she wanted Hunter to know." Mia explained.