Chapter 3

After Hunter left, Mia faced Kayla.
"Hi, im Mia."
"Oh, um, Kayla."
"Cool. So you and Hunter are dating?" Mia asked as she sat down, then patted the seat near her for Kayla to sit.
"No, no. We hate each other." Kayla sat down. "So, how do you guys know each other?"
"Hunters, my cousin." Mia nodded."So you don't have to worry about anything going on."
"Believe me, I won't." Kayla thinned her lips.
"So then what is the deal with you two?" Mia questioned.
"We hate each other. Our dads are basically best friends, so Hunter and I see each other sometimes, and since we were younger, he used to annoy me. And because he's always been quite taller than everyone around him, he would put my toys on high places and wouldn't give it back unless I did something for him." Kayla sighed. "Sorry im just waffling."
Mia laughed. "Oh my gosh. Don't worry, I feel you. Whenever Hunter came to my house, he did the same to me. But as we got older, he cared more and got way more protective of me."
"So you and Noah done?" Kayla asked.
"Yeah. So what happened with you two?" Mia interrogated.
"We were dating for 3 months. I mean, I thought we were, but he was dating a few other girls at the same time as me." Kayla sighed.
"Oh my god." Mia put her hand over her mouth."What a player!"
"I know." Kayla laughed. "Do you know your way round school yet? I can show you if you want."
"Im fine, thanks. I think I've got it now. But if I need help I'll go to Hunter, he's in all my classes."
"No way." Kayla smiled."He's in all my classes. I think we've got the same timetable then."
"Yeah. We do." Mia said excitedly. "Come on, we've got Maths next."
They got up and left the canteen.
"So, did you just move here?" Kayla asked.
"Yeah, well, no. I used to live here, then I moved, but now I'm back, and I'm living with Hunter." Mia explained.
"Oh, right." Kayla nodded.
They walked into class and sat down at 2 vacant seats.
Hunter walked in.
"Hunter, sit there." Mia pointed at the empty seat near Kayla.
Hunter sat down.
"Mia. Do you want to switch places?" Kayla whispered.
"What, why?" Mia whispered back.
"So what happened with you and Noah?" Hunter interrogated.
"Nothing." Kayla said. "It's none of your business anyway."
"Hah." Hunter smirked.
Kayla rolled her eyes.
After school, Kayla left the building to take the bus home.
When she got on the bus, she sat down and started reading her book, but someone interrupted her.
"Kayla." An annoying voice said sitting down near her.
"What do you want, Noah?" She refused to look at him.
"Do you want to get back together?" He offered.
"You're joking, right? You don't seriously think I'm going to get back to you after what you did. " She lashed out at him.
"It was an accident." He said before pulling her into a kiss.
Kayla instantly pulled back and slapped him across his face. "What is wrong with you?! Get away!" She screamed at him, not caring that people were staring.
"Oi. Move now." A raspy voice demanded.
Noah looked and then stood up when he saw Hunter.
They looked ready to eat eachothers heads off, but Noah walked away and sat down at a seat in the back.
Hunter filled Noahs seat.
There was an awkward silence before Kayla said, "I could've handled that myself."
"Really? That's the thanks I get?" Hunter scoffed laughingly
"Thank you." Kayla replied sarcastically. "Why are you taking the bus? You have a car and a motorbike."
Hunter shrugged. "What are you reading?" He changed the subject.
"Nothing." She tried to slide the book into her bag, but Hunter snatched it out of her hands."Hey! Give me back my book!"
"Hold on." Hunter laughed."You're reading 'heartstrings'?"
"Yeah." She said quietly, stretching her arm to get her book back. "Hunter!"
"Okay!" He laughed, handing her book back.
After a few minutes, Kayla arrived at her stop.
"Dickhead." She said to Hunter before leaving the bus.
"Brat." Hunter chuckled.
Kayla got off the bus and walked to her house.
When she entered, she looked for her dad. "Dad? Where are you?"
"The conference room." He said.
Kayla enetered and saw her dad and a bunch of men sitting at the table.
"Kayla, you remember Dave, right?" Her dad spoke.
"Yeah. Hi Mr Parker." Kayla smiled.
"Hello, Kayla. I assume you've met Mia?" Dave asked.
"Yeah. Were friends." She said. "Anyways um dad I'm going to order some food can I have $10?"
Eddie got $10 note out his wallet then handed it to her "You sure you don't need anymore?"
"No thanks this is more than enough." Kayla smiled before leaving.
"Eddie. We have to do something about this situation. The Ravenwood mafias are going to strike sooner or later. And we need extra money to buy weapons." Dave commented.
"Mr Parker, Mr Woods. I have a proposal that might solve our problems." A man in the group said.
"Yes, Arthur?" Dave put his hands in his pockets.
Arthur cleared his throat "When 2 people from mafia gangs get married the mafia family will receive $100,000 for the newly wedded couple. So if we get 2 people married we can keep that money and they can just sign papers instead of having a wedding ceremon."
"That might work." Eddie looked to Dave.
"Yes but who do we get married?" Dave questioned. There was a long pause before he thought if an idea.