Ruby

The preschool time was already over, the kids left their classroom to go to the waiting room for their parents.

"Irene!" Greggy pulled his trolley bag, running to a beautiful girl.

"Sakay na!" He said pointing to his bag.

Irene grin before sitting on the top of the bag.

"Okay, miss Irene. We will start to take off now." Greggy pulled his bag slowly with the bag of Irene on his other hand.

"Yes, Mr. Greggy." She smile feeling the excitement again.

He pull her towards the waiting area. Their parents is waiting for them, being the kumare they're having some chika around.

"Ohh Greggy and Irene." Emma stand up to get her son.

"Hello mom, tita." Greggy smile so proudly.

"Nako Irene ha, you owe a lot to Greggy na." Imelda carry her daughter.

"It's fine tita." Greggy interfere.

"Paano ba yan una na kami mare ha." Emma chuckled cause of the cuteness of the two kids.

It's their routine, everytime that the classes are finish Greggy will offer his bag so Irene won't walk.

On their break time, Irene is sitting on the swing, while Greggy on her back, pushing the swing.

"Celestine." He called out on her second name.

"Hmm?" She hummed.

"If I become a pilot soon, you will be my first passenger."

Irene look behind her, "You promise me that ha."

"Yes, I promise." Greggy grin.

"Thank you, Maria!" She said with a happy tone.

They shared a lunch too, "If we grew up, we can marry each other. Do you like that Celestine?"

Of course, all the suggestions and things Greggy says, Irene like it.

"Of course let's get married soon!" She exclaimed as she kiss his cheeks.

A beautiful memory for a childhood sweetheart, but it changed when Marcos needs to transfer in Hawaii.

They grew up, only familiar with each other, their memories also change with the present event so they barely remember it.

"I wonder, why you don't still have a long term girlfriend, ilang beses ka nang nagpapalit Greggy." Anton commented.

"Hmm? Ewan, I just feel like may kulang eh." Greggy is in and out relationship to different girls. "It's just feel not the right."

"Sex?" Antonio ask.

"More than that." Greggy answer, "Maybe someone who will build a family with me... I guess?"

"Hirap makahanap niyan, di natin sure kung ikaw ba ang mahal ko kayamanan mo lang."

"Maybe I'm waiting for someone, na hindi pera ang habol."

After a decades, Irene will go back to Philippines. "I can't believe I made that decision."

"You can't do anything about it." Imee said helping her sister to go to airport. "You like naman eh, you need to go back there na."

"That's true I like it naman talaga." She said, she's now a licensed architect having a project in Philippines.

"Then, good luck." Imee smile hugging her for the last time.

The check in and immigration was smooth. She went to the gate where her ticket direct her.