And suddenly, it's all about you

It's all started when they become blockmates in an architect course.

"Hoy! Ano Marcos, sama ka?" Her group mates asked.

"Ha? Saan ba tayo bibili?" Irene asked, since they need some materials for their one subject.

"Sa Quezon City." They answered.

"Sige, tayo lang?" She took a glance, counting if they're complete.

"Si Araneta, sa LRT na lang daw makikipag kita since may errands sa club nila." One of them explain.

Irene just followed them, they're close together but Irene won't speak unless they will make a first move.

While they are waiting for Gregorio, Irene closes her eyes, snatching a nap since they're busy on their plates.

Greggy running at the escalator, feeling shy that he's late on the call time. As soon as he take the last step, he saw her... Sleeping while her head in leaning on the wall.

"Shot! Bakit parang may tumama sa akin?" He stare at her, at Irene. Having a light heart.

She then awake, the presence of Greggy was the first thing she saw.

"Araneta... Mr. Araneta." She call out.

Greggy don't know what to say nor to do.

"Nasaan sila?" He asked while gulping.

"Nag hahanap ng pagkainan, I guess we can text them so we can go na." Irene answer, fishing her cellphone to her bag.

"Text them na." Greggy said, so Irene did texting them so they can go to the place.

Once they entered the train, the people also starting to get crowded. Irene simply hold on the shoulder strap of Greggy's bag.

He do like her, he won't deny it but he doesn't know if Irene like him back. "Upo ka na." Greggy said instead of getting the seat.

"Ha?" Irene Cluelessly asked.

"Sit down." He repeated holding at the bar so he won't fall.

Irene sat down, putting her earpods while looking at Greggy who is in front of her.

"Gusto mo?" She asked offering the one pair of her earpods.

"Ahh? It's fine." He softly decline.

"Sure?"

"Akin na nga." Greggy get it and wear it.

Dami pang gustong sabihin,
Ngunit wag na lang muna.
Hintayin na lang ang hangin,
Tangayin ang mga salita.

Greggy closes his eyes when she heard the lyrics, "What if mag confess ka na lang?" He shake his head when his mind think about it.

Pagnilahad ang damdamin, sana hindi magbago ang pagtingin.
Aminin ang mga lihim, sana hindi mag bago pag tingin.

He opened his eyes again, and that's when he meet her eyes. A glittery eyes that you can't even tell that she is tired.

That's it that's how their interactions before they become officially together. It's like an air that passes, he asked her to be his, and she agreed.

Thinking that they're the best campus couple, both are being dean list, a club members, and they're really active in their classes.

Not until Greggy swerve a path.

Passing his plates and paper work late, receiving a failure score on exam and quizzes.

Irene tried to understand him, "Kaya ko naman siguro mapagbago ulit ito." Her mindset that she's always holding on.

But one day, she wake up realizing that her efforts won't work if she will continue holding Greggy on.

"I'm tired." She remove the promise ring on her finger.

"Sorry, pero hindi ko na kaya to Greggy."

That night, Greggy ask her to have a walk. Since they already done have enough time to each other.

She agreed so she can break their ways more properly now. They're holding their each other's hand.

Their intertwined fingers, with a cold breeze and the silent sounds surrounds them.

Irene remove her hand, that make Greggy look. They faces each other.

"Let's end this." She whispered.

"You must be tired, iuwi na kita mag pahinga ka." Greggy answer.

"No... Hindi Greggy." He tried to hold her hand again, but Irene remove it harshly.

"Sa'yo ako pagod." She firmly said.

But instead of answer, Greggy hug her. Once that she close her eyes when she felt the hug, her tears fell down.

Without his answer of agreeing the break up, they still continue to pursue their dreams alone. They continue to shine in their different path.

In a blink of eye, it's already decade after that.

They both received a wedding invitation from architect Dawn Zulueta.

"So Greggy will be there?" Irene asked sipping her tea.

"Oo, syempre magkaibigan sila ng future husband ko." Dawn chuckled. "And besides, I thought you already moved on."

"Yes, I did." I can't even remember about him.

"Oh, edi no more bitterness na." She said I just nod, totoo naman kasi wala na.

The day has come, the day they said that they forgot about them.

Irene look at the groomsmen sits, and there he is still looking fine like how he is when they're in college.

"Hoy! Akala ko ba nakalimutan mo na?" Irene interrupt herself. "Ang sakit, napakasakit pa rin pala." She added.

Greggy is aware about her when he saw her on the venue, how playful the destiny is when their sit is close together, or maybe Dawn and Antonio just made it for them.

Like what they said, they act like they're nothing to each other, there's no feelings deep inside.

Feeling of love, pain, and missing.

Greggy can't stand it, while eating he close his eyes.

"Pwede ka ba ngayon?" He asked her without even greeting or asking how she is.

"Ha?" She dumbfounded asked.

"Let's ditch this. I can't stand this anymore."

Irene know what he meant, so she smile and gladly accept his offer.

Like a groom and bride, riding the car that has no roof a loud speaker that playing their favorite songs.

"Mahal pa rin kita." He look at her, "I promise you that I'll be more responsible now, not only as a boyfriend but maybe a husband and a father of your child soon." He let out the ring that Irene gave back.

Their promise ring when back in college.

Only a hug from Irene he received.