Giselle knew Jimin well. The last time Jimin had been hysterical was when Minjeong had passed away.

Those news meant no good.

"What happened-"

"This is a very delicate issue, please come here as soon as you can and we'll tell you about the situation."

It didn't take too long for the brunette to realize something was wrong with her best friend's baby.

Giselle rushed through the hospital's corridors, climbing up to the floor where Jimin was staying. It was horrific; as soon as she got to the floor, she could hear her bestfriend's screams.

"Miss Uchi-"

She didn't even let the doctor finish her sentence.

"What happened?! What happened for her to be like this, for god's sake?! Please tell-!"

"-The baby disappeared, Miss Uchinaga."
______________________________________________________________________

The woman rushed inside of the orphanage, holding tightly the baby she had just found by at the doorstep. The poor creature was crying and screaming desperately, his body cold as ice even though he had a blanket over it.

"Oh god!"

A woman gasped in shock as she saw her workmate holding the baby in her arms.

"Bring it here!"

They entered a warm room and laid the baby above a cushioned baby table, taking the blanket off of its little body.

"Oh holy mother..."

The baby boy still had traces of blood and placenta stuck to his skin and his black hair, as well as his umbilical cord showed signs of having been cut recently, for not saying it had a clip on it.

"This baby was born today...and in a hospital."

"He's trembling so much...Let's cover him up and take him to the clinic."

The other woman agreed to the other's suggestion and ran for more blankets, giving it to the other woman, "I'll warn the others and turn on the car's engine."
______________________________________________________________________

Sooman breathed deeply as he laid back on his chair, pausing the glass of whiskey above his working desk, while his other hand held the telephone next to his ear.

"Yes?"

"National Police Chief Commander...Hello there,"

"Oh, Sooman shii. What are you calling for?"

He smirked and sighed.

"My daughter's baby disappeared."

"Oh god! Do you want us to-"

"I ordered some men to make him disappear."

The line went silent for a long moment, before the other man finally spoke.

"What? Why did you do that-?"

"I'll pay you 5 billion won if you cancel all the requests my daughter will make for a search."

"Sooman-"

"I could also give you a mansion in Jeju, and pay for your daughter's studies in America..."

"..."

"The bastard that got my daughter pregnant...If this baby is found, her family will have rights over my fortune..."

"But still-"

"Or maybe you prefer me to reveal your hidden bank accounts in Switzerland and freeze your accounts?"

"...Okay."

He laughed, before taking a sip of his whiskey again.

"...I knew you would agree."

_

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY SAYING THAT YOU CAN'T SEARCH FOR HIM?!"

"We can't search for someone who hasn't got an issued birth certificate-"

"FOR GOD'S SAKE, THAT'S RIDICULOUS!"

Giselle couldn't even believe what the police officers were telling her as soon as she went to report her best friend's baby disappearance. She felt like punching them or worse; killing them. She didn't even know what she felt. The excuses they were giving her were just so unbelievable that she couldn't even stand it.

"Look," Giselle began, "My bestfriend's fiancé died 2 weeks before they even got married. This baby," Giselle paused for a moment, taking in a deep breath, "This baby is everything my best friend has from her-"

"-Miss-"

"HOW DO YOU WANT A 3 HOURS OLD BABY TO HAVE A FUCKING BIRTH CERTIFICATE FOR GOD'S SAKE-!"

"-We're asking you to leave."

Giselle scoffed, and shook her head. She bit her lip and collected her things hurriedly, looking extremely disappointed.

She just couldn't bring herself to understand why they had come up with the birth certificate excuse. In other cases, the parents of the missing baby would just call the authorities and the hunt for the kidnapper would begin right away.

What was this?

Neglecting Jimin's baby?

Too lazy to work?

She walked towards the door of the police station, breathing heavily as she stared at the men that had refused to help her and her friend.

"...I hope you all root in hell for abandoning a newborn child on a cold winter night like this one."
______________________________________________________________________

"...Jimin ah-"

"-Where is my son?"

"Jimin, we don't-"

"WHERE IS Jeongwoo?!"

Giselle held her friend's shoulders, "Jimin, we don't know! I already filed a search request in the Police Department but-," Giselle sighed as Jimin pushed her arms off of her, hugging her knees and sobbing loudly.

"I-I wa-want h-him b-bac-k..."

Jimin leaned up to look at Giselle, sobbing loudly, infinite tears rolling down her rosy cheeks, "W-why m-me? G-Gi...!"

"I'm so sorry Rina," Giselle muttered, her voice cracking up, "I-I'm so sorry...!"

Jimin looked at Giselle, her gaze lost, as she sobbed.

"I want Win and Jeongwoo back, Gi...I-I want them b-back s-so bad..."
______________________________________________________________________

"I can't imagine how much your heart hurts, Minjeong ah..." Taeyeon said, looking at her daughter with tears in her eyes. She breathed deeply and closed her eyes, "I'm sorry..."

She opened her eyes and breathed in, looking up for a moment, wiping her tears.

"As your mother, I should have protected your son..." She sobbed slightly, looking back at the unconscious male, "I should have protected your little baby, your little Jeongwoo. I should but I didn't, and I'm so sorry..."

She kissed her hand and caressed it softly, holding it between her two hands, "We're searching for your baby, honey. Don't lose faith, okay?"

Taeyeon sighed and wiped her tears, getting up from her seat and caressing her cheek, "Eomma has to go, honey. I'll come back tomorrow," She said, smiling gently before leaving a heartfelt kiss on her forehead.

She left her daughter's bedroom with a heavy heart, and closed the door firmly. She wandered around the corridor, until she saw a pair of nurses and a doctor, who she recognized to be a pediatrician, rushing to a room while pulling a mobile baby bassinet.

She stared at the heartbreaking scene, as a nurse approached her.

"He was left in an orphanage today," The nurse began, capturing Taeyeon's attention, "He isn't even 1 day old, and he already caught pneumonia...this might end up with asthma, due to his breathing problems right now."

Taeyeon sighed and shook her head, "God bless that baby..."

Fight for Usजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें