Council with the con

Start from the beginning

As Katherine explained what she had learned from Elizabeth herself just a few hours before, the room seemed more tense. With the presence of Agent Veck in the room, everyone had an eye on him, especially Emily.

"You cant possibly believe-"

"I urge you to stop talking, we will discuss this matter later, you have already made a fool out of us in front of US Federal agents" a representative spat at him.

Even if they remained calm, their blood was boiling.

They all knew what was love, why Elizabeth betrayed her duties, why Agent Veck acted jealously, why Katherine had been miserable.

"We understand that youve been very cooperative despite...previous encounters with the CSIS. Youve returned the files taken. However, upon investigating, weve found a rumour about your capabilities in terms of memory, could you elaborate on that?"

"Im not sure what youre referring to-"

Angry, Agent. Veck stood up from his chair. His nose had stopped bleeding, but the blood was rushing to his face.

"Sit. Down" Emily spat at him throught her teeth as she looked at him with disgust. What a pathetic grown man he was.

Katherine cleared her throat has he sat down.

"Im smart, no need to hide it. I'm well aware youve seen my files. But I do not have a photographic memory nor an eidetic one. I know I may have a bias past towards undercover agents, but I wouldnt jeopardize those agents missions."

"Really?" Agent Veck asked sarcastically

Katherine looked at him.
"Yes. Fidelity, Bravery and Integrity. Even though some may ask too much of me those are my responsibilities. Where were yours then and now?"

In a flash, Agent Veck stood up again as he hit the table with his bare hands. Angry he tried to get towards Katherine. If she had wanted, Katherine would've been able to subdue him in an instant. However, she let him make a fool of himself. Morgan and Emily had rushed to restrict him as she stayed put, calmly sat in her chair.

"LET GO! She should be held for better questioning! She should tell us the names she took!"

"THATS ENOUGH!" shouted a representative.

"Agent. Roy, It is clear that you are no threat to us and are actually entitled to an apology from the CSIS. We shall trust your integrity and give you our deepest apologies. You may continue your life without the CSIS's involvement any further. Thank you"

Both man bowed with their heads as they stormed out of the room, embarrassed by the conduct of their fellow agent. He would surely be prosecuted for his own actions at his own headquarters.

As Morgan still held unto Agent Veck to calm him down, his mouth still spat nonsense.

"Give me the names! Katherine! You can't possibly think I'd let you walk around freely knowing that you know where some of my agents are!"

With that, Katherine stood up to come closer to him. Inches away from his red face and sweaty forehead. She could see the depth in his eyes.