Are you ready to believe?

Beginne am Anfang

"You are a ghost", he stated, crossing his hands.

She looked at him, "I know I am", she replied rolling her eyes.

"Are you bound to this place?" he asked, "Like some ghosts have to stay in one place. As I read"

"No silly", she replied like that was the most stupid question in the world, "Why? You want me to go out with you?" She said. Was that a smirk he saw?

"No", he replied, smiling, "But Sarah is coming tomorrow night and I want you to go away from here. So that she is not scared."

She looked sad again. "Okay", she said, and went back to look at the stars.

He sighed and went home. Sighed.

"Good night mum", he whispered to his mother's photo as he went to sleep. He had lost her years ago. He wouldn't even remember her face if not for this photo.

The next day, he noticed Ghost girl standing at the back of the class. Boring holes in the back of his head. That class took a lifetime to get over. He dashed out as fast as he could. As he walked down the hallway, she walked with him.

"I can see you", he whispered through gritted teeth.

"Oh, I keep forgetting", She said floating around like a little kid with a major sugar rush.

"Why does nobody talk to you?" she asked.

"I don't know", he replied, looking around till he noticed Sarah walking down the hallway. Finally.

She looked so beautiful today too. He smiled.

"Even she didn't notice you", ghost girl said. Like he needs to be reminded of that.

"What is your problem?" he asked.

"I am curious", she replied, shrugging. Then looked away.

"Bye", she said not even glancing in his direction as she took a random girls' handkerchief and started running.

The girl followed her thinking it was the wind and then bumped into a guy on the way. Ghost girl kept the handkerchief down and smiled. The guy helped the girl up. Both blushing.

He smiled. So she wanted them to notice each other. Then suddenly, she looked at him, and just as suddenly, she was gone.He spent the rest of the day wondering about this ghost girl and planning on meeting her again. 

After school, he went back to the library. She was standing outside. He gestured her to follow him, then took her home. He showed her the window to his room and asked her to get there as he went in through the door.

"I'm home", he announced and went up to his room. "Welcome baaack", she smirked. He sighed, not wanting to talk about it. 

"What's your name?", He asked,"if you don't mind me asking", looking down, he laced the question with politeness. She looked shocked.

"I think it was Katherine?" it was more of a question than an answer.

"Katherine...... I know that you don't know me..... And I haven't really done much to help you in any way......." he paused... She had no reason to do this for him.

"You want me to help you get Sarah", she said giggling. He didn't say anything. 

"Well then I will, but in exchange, you will let me stay here with you", she said, "If you won't let me stay in the library, the girls got to sleep somewhere" 

He smiled, "Sure, just not on my bed". That was easy, He thought and then went to sleep.

They spent the next day trying to get Sarah's attention, but no use. She just didn't see him. It seemed like she had spent the night in the haunted library and had become some kind of a celebrity if she was not one already. If it was difficult to get noticed by her before, it was impossible now.

The first lecture ghost girl kept dropping Sarah's things and someone else always took that chance to pick it up. Then in the recess she left a note for Sarah to come and meet her secret admirer and Sarah being the brave girl she was, she actually came. Then, during gym, Kate threw a ball at Sarah, not too fast so she doesn't get hurt. Sam (a classmate) took the chance to pretend to save her.

Then Kate made him yell "SARAH!!!" in the middle of a lecture... No, worse.

By the end of the day, Katherine was furious with him, saying she was just not good enough. So she pushed Sarah, on him. He was ready to catch her, but Sarah just went right through him.

WAIT!WHAT?

Katherine didn't look surprised. She just folded get arms and stood there. He didn't know what to say. Suddenly everything made sense. But at the same time nothing did. Before he knew it, he was at home.

"Damn!!", he shouted and let out a string of curse words. Knowing nobody would hear him anyways. When did he die? He couldn't remember... He couldn't breathe for some time.

Maybe ghosts didn't need to...He stopped breathing...At least he tried...But it didn't work. I guess even ghosts need to breathe..., He thought. When did he die?

There were so many questions... He was so confused...When did he die? He cried, screamed, for, what seemed like days... But when he was done, Katherine was standing there, on the door frame. Her hands folded. 

"I'll wait as long as it takes", she said quietly.

"When did I die", he croaked.

"We will need your name to know that", she said.

Walking on the ceiling... "Can I do that?" he asked, distraction being his defence mechanism.

"No, it takes years of practice", she said as he jumped and landed on the ceiling, and then started walking.
He smirked and she rolled her eyes.

"What's your name?" She asked politely.Suddenly, he realized nobody had called him anything at all. Ever. Not even in any of my memories.

"I don't know", he said suddenly scared.

"Well, till we find your real name, let's call you Blake", she said smiling, wow, she can look like that?

"It was my brother's name", she smiled.