Chapter VII: ..Bleed into the Present

Start from the beginning

But before he got to check, he saw two someones at the entrance.

Top Zombies Luca Murphy and Noah Puddles. An imp and an all-star. Luca was in charge of organizing expeditions, and Noah led the defense around Headquarters. Luca wore a yellow winter hat and trench coat.

Noah was wearing an orange, shrimp-based outfit. It was just a bit boring.

"New guy, right?" Luca started. Astrophelle slowly nodded.

Noah was a Type EE Chorian. Elemental. His Core Ability, Reservoir, allow him to shoot geysers of water from his hands, so there was no need for him to carry a weapon.

Luca, on the other hand, carried Cora-Touched brass knuckles that dealt more damage with every consecutive hit. He was a Passive Chorian. His Ability, Edible, allowed him to eat anything as if it were food. There were limitations, of course, but they were extremely particular.

"We need to talk," Noah said, "but we don't mean to get off on the wrong foot here."

Astrophelle tensed. Before he realized it, he was readying himself. But for what, exactly?

"What is there to discuss?" he queried.

The two exchanged glances. "You need to come with us first." Luca put simply.

"..And if I don't want to?"

"Then I guess we'll have to do this the hard way."

Oh.

Astrophelle took off first. He hit the button to open the door to the targets, using the structure around him as cover. Noah sent a thin stream of water to graze his ear. It was enough to disorient him, allowing the all-star to nearly get a follow-up water blast in. He ducked in the nick of time, rolling towards the next section of the target course.

Noah used Reservoir to fire water at him, but Astrophelle opened his umbrella to block the attacks. He closed it shortly thereafter, hopping to the side quickly enough to dodge Luca's attempt to tackle him.

When did he get so close?!

Noah used the window of opportunity to close in. At close range, Astrophelle could only just evade Noah's means to grab him. They weren't trying to hurt him, which Astrophelle used to his advantage.

Right when Noah tried to grab him again, Astrophelle anticipated it, and countered by stomping on his shoe. Noah shouted and hopped backwards, accidentally tripping over one of the barricades the gnome targets hide behind. Speaking of the gnome targets, Noah stumbled into one of those too. His helmet was the only reason why he didn't end up with a concussion.

Astrophelle watched as his life points took a hit, but didn't forget about Luca, who'd slipped behind him. Astrophelle was sent tumbling to the ground by the imp. He was surprisingly heavy, and Astrophelle found himself pinned down in no time. Stars, was this guy a wrestler or something?

Still, Luca was a fool to let his guard slip for a moment. Astrophelle, with his legs free, struck Luca with his knee, knocking him off. Imps had the least amount of life points of all zombies, so one solid hit was enough to daze him.

Astrophelle had a window of opportunity to escape. He took his umbrella and exited through the end of the targets course, shutting the door behind him.

Good. They should be off his trail for awhile.

He wasted no time in bolting through the tunnels. Something in him was screaming to search for Zephyr.

Something in him had a feeling that's why he was being detained.