Epilogue: Our Beginning

It'd been a month. An entire month since becoming a Gembearer, moving to Horizons Academy, and meeting all of the plants that helped her realize her fate. She was doomed, that was for sure, and would no doubt doom everyone around her simply by existing. Once, she wondered why things had to be that way. Now, she doesn't bother questioning it, nor fighting the power. It was just.. How things were.

Somehow, it didn't feel right. But at the same time, she had her sister and father back. Perhaps it was time to stop questioning things.

Two weeks after the whole incident, Aureate left Horizons. It was rebuilt and fixed up to prevent such things from happening in the future, but she shortly realized there was nothing for her there. She learned about Cora, she awakened to her Core Ability, and she recovered two people who were once lost. Not to mention, she knew her friends and teacher would be right behind her.

So, in founding House Solarex, it was nothing but a stepping stone towards the future. The future that included finding the rest of the Gembearers and bringing down Relcestra.

Her father was better and now working with Gloria in taking care of the Sunfall Kingdom. The people were overjoyed to have him back. With that, when Aureate was granted permission to pass as a noble instead of a princess, and given rights to her own house, it was no surprise. Both Quynn and Gloria (for some reason) had her best interests in mind, after all.

Though she could technically still pass as a princess, she no longer lived under that banner. There was another thing, too–Aureate was not old enough to be Lady of the House all by herself. She'd just entered her bud years, and she had to be a blossom to acquire such responsibility. So, she got the next best thing; Buckwheat.

"You' ve already won my respect, princess. I don't mind standing in for ya until you're able to do it yourself, but I do have one term.."

The professor, after the academy was rebuilt, was deemed a knight by Quynn for protecting his daughter, along with many other students, and succeeding in the evacuation. After the event, Buckwheat was planning on leaving Horizons and serving at the castle instead, but after Aureate requested for his help, he couldn't decline.

And so, at House Solarex, with Lord Wheat at the mantle, things were going rather smoothly. Especially since after Aureate announced she was leaving Horizons to Class S, they joined the bandwagon, officiating themselves as the constants in her journey.

Lord Buckwheat and his council, which consisted of a bunch of strong-willed kids who needed help finding themselves.

Aureate recalled how the one condition Buckwheat listed when asked to be lord was that he was able to keep teaching them about Cora and Choria as a whole. It was an easy agreement, but when Buckwheat began to overwork them in terms of tests they missed, she found herself slightly regretful.

Why did they need to know how to categorize Cora Types? A question that would reap no fruit, indeed. All she could do was accept it, get the work done, and move on. It helped that she had Luz hovering over her shoulder the whole time, giving her all the pointers.

Perhaps that was the only reason why she hadn't been failing the whole time.

Speaking of, Luz told her something interesting the day after she discovered her Core Ability. Apparently, she was supposed to be a Type C Chorian. However, her Core Ability defied the laws set down that defined a Convoker. Said Convokers have their Core Abilities manifest in a physical form. Sometimes this is triggered in strange ways, which is what makes Convoker's Core Abilities unique.

That was the key—they manifest in a physical form. Not several drastically different ones, which was how Aureate's worked. She could summon anything to her side as long as she knew what it was, and maintained a clear image of it in her head. There were several things wrong with that, Luz had told her.