"What's that? Is that some super high-tech gadget you Akiridions use?" Asked Olivia.

"Yes, but it's a device that recycles energy, not time. So it doesn't add up.

"Porgon is a trickster. He could use troll magic to-" Claire began to explain before Toby cut her off.

"Oh my gosh." He sat down beside me, "It's like Blinky said. Porgon combined troll magic and alien tech. It's like mixing chocolate and peanut butter to make-"

"A nougat nummy?" Jim asked.

"Not just any nougat nummy Jimbo, the nougat nummy of reset buttons."

I practically face-palmed at his explanation.
"Does everything you say involve food?"

"Hey, I have my moments." He proceeded to scoot away from me.

"Your teeth of steel are fascinating." Vex appeared behind Toby, startling him in the process. "Do you use them to chomp your enemies?"

"When this Porgon attacks, he always goes after a component of the daxial array." Krel continued.

"If this troll combines his magic with this... object you're saying, then he could destroy time itself. And that means everything will either explode, or it will freeze completely leaving everyone and everything in a nonexistent plane of thought. Right?" Olivia turned to Krel.

"Uhm... Yes, precisely."

"We must destroy this device before porgon can use it again." Aja stated, before starting to walk away.

I grabbed her wrist and leaned over the couch, "hey, where are you going?" I whispered.

"I'm going to stop this madness." She pulled out of my grasp and dashed for the door.

"-he'll send us back to this morning. Wait, where did Aja go?" Jim asked.

"She walked out literally right as you finished talking."

"Agh! Right as I said be careful!" He darted for the door and I practically jumped over the couch to follow him with everyone else behind me.

I raced out the door with Jim, tripping on the doorstep in the process and knocking him down.

"Ow! Phoenix-"

"Sorry!"

⁠✧.⁠*⁠+゚⁠*⁠。⁠*゚⁠+*⁠.⁠✧

And as if I blinked, we were all suddenly teleported back to this morning, inside the Tarron's house.

"I cannot believe she did that!" Jim started heading toward the hallway.

"Hey- easy," I held my hands in front of him, "she's like that okay? I'll go talk to her."

He let out an amused scoff, "Too late."

I turned around and Aja exited her room, holding her hand to her head. She looked up and let out a gasp from seeing us standing in front of her.

"Sorry, I got carried away." She continued walking past us and I followed.

"Yeah, you did, you knucklehead." Toby said, mouth stuffed with pancakes.

"Knucklehead." That is a fun word, but it does not sound like a nice one." Aja started opening the front door.

"You can't just rush off into battle like that." Jim walked up behind me.

"I said I was sorry." Aja rolled her eyes.

"You said you're training to be a warrior, but it takes patience."

"That is what Varvatos said!" Vex came up from behind me. I jumped as he slammed the door on Aja.