Chapter 9: Dinner

Start from the beginning

"Whatever. You know you love us." I said smiling. She turned to look at me then smiled before looking away.

"What's your pin?" I asked as I grabbed her phone. She held out her hand but with her palm facing down.

"Um, what does that mean?"

"Use my finger. You're not getting the code." I grabbed her hand and and put her thumb to the phone so it could unlock. Once it did I dropped her hand and searched the place by name. While it was searching she asked me a question.

"So, you talk to Dina- I mean Ms. Hansen a lot?" My heart started racing and I tried to calmly answer.

"Um, I mean sorta. Me and the girls usually always mess with her so..." She nodded before looking out the window. I looked back to her phone but it was still loading and I started to get antsy.

"Do you know if she has anyone in her life? Y'know like, romantically?" Now she had my full attention.

"Why do you want to know?" I asked with a little edge in my voice but tried to hide it.

"Well, I got these tickets to a Beyoncé concert in a couple weeks and I wanted to ask her to go. But I won't if she has someone in her life."

I didn't notice that Lauren and Nadia were both listening to us talk now. As soon as I was about to tell her she was most definitely taken and should back off, Nadia spoke.

"Umm, we don't know actually. Every time we bring it up she just changes the subject so we don't push."

"Okay cool. Thanks. So, is it finished loading? I know it's sorta slow."

I knew speaking now I might slip up and say something I shouldn't have so I just nodded and started the directions. I was thankful Nadia spoke up because I don't even know what I would've said if they would've let me speak.

As she pulled onto the street again following the phones directions, I got a text from me, Laur, and Nadia's group chat.

From: My Ride or Dies - Calm down boo. She doesn't know. Don't do anything stupid.

I clenched my jaw taking silent deep breaths.

To: My Ride or Dies - Okay. I'll try.

-------------------

After we ate, Rima brought us back to the school around 6 since we drove. Well me and Lauren drove; Nadia hitched a ride with me. As, we were about to get out the car Rima asked if I could stay back. Lauren and Nadia looked scared but I told them it was okay. I told Lauren I would see her tomorrow and gave Nadia my car keys so she wouldn't have to sit in the dark.

When they left she immediately jumped to the point.

"I need your help." I furrowed my eyebrows together in confusion.

"With what?"

"Dinah."

I clenched my jaw before speaking.

"Why would you need help with her?" She looked as if I asked the stupidest question ever.

"Because you talk to her and I want to ask her out. But I want her to say yes."

"Isn't that inappropriate?" Her eyebrows shot up and she made a surprised face.

"I mean, you're asking a student to help you ask out another teacher." She looked down, looking slightly defeated.

"You're right. I shouldn't have done that. I guess I'll see you Monday?"

I opened the door and stepped out before turning around to answer her.