29...The final act

Start from the beginning

Derek and Yelena exchanged a panicked look,  "He's turning into that? That has wings."

"I can see that."

Derek brought the phone back up to his ear, "Scott, bring him to us."

"Look, somebody actually made an animation of it," Peter said to himself, "Maybe it's less frightening if we-" The three of them jumped back at the squawking noise with Yelena slamming the laptop down, narrowly missing peters fingers "- Nope, not at all. We should probably meet them halfway."

"Scott, get him out of there now - go now," Derek told him as he hung up the phone.

Yelena and Derek headed for the door only to be stopped by Peter "Derek, we need Lydia."

Yelena frowned in confusion with no idea what Peter was talking about

Derek sighed impatiently "There's no time for -"

Peter held his hand out to silence him "That's the problem. We're rushing. We're moving too fast. And while everybody knows that a moving target is harder to hit, here we are, racing right into Gerard's crosshairs."

Derek thought for a moment "If I get the chance to kill Jackson, I'm taking it."

Yelena looked between them both and shook her head, "I don't care anymore, do what you got to do but I'm going home to Stiles." She told them as she headed to the door

"Len," Derek called out to her, catching her eye, "be safe."

Yelena stopped at the door and nodded, "You too."

Yelena ignored the wave that Peter sent her as she got in her truck.

()()()()()()()()()()

"Stiles!" Yelena yelled as she rushed into his room, "thank god." She exclaimed as she ran and pulled him into a hug before pulling back and looking at his face and holding back her tears, "This was him wasn't it? Gerard? He did this."

Stiles avoided her eyes, "it doesn't matter."

"Yes, it does!" Yelena said sitting down on his bed, "Umm there's one more thing." She said pinching the bridge of her nose.

"What?"

"Uhm the night of Lydia's party - I forgot to tell you guys but Scott knows now but um yeah, peters back."

Stiles' eyes widened as he let out a deep breath, "Great."

Yelena jumped up, "Oh my god, the game. Stiles you were amazing."

stiles sighed, "It doesn't matter now."

"Yes, it does it matter. All of it does, even Lydia was cheering."

Stiles looked up at her, "Lydia." Yelena frowned at her brother, "Come on." he told her dragging her with him.

Despite Yelena not wanting them to be involved anymore, she found herself with Lydia and Stiles in the Jeep racing to the warehouse where Derek was supposed to meet with Scott. The franticness behind the journey was abundantly clear especially when, instead of stopping, Stiles decided to drive straight through the doors of the warehouse, pieces of metal and wood went flying everywhere. Yelena wished she'd kept her eyes shut when she realized that that was exactly how Stiles had driven through the door.

"Did I get him?" Stiles panted out as he slightly peeked.

They all stayed silent for a moment in suspense but sure enough, the Kanima got back up jumping onto the hood of the jeep and hissing at them.

"Get out! Get out!" Yelena screamed as she scrambled over the backseat to the door pushing Stiles and Lydia ahead of her to safety, but Lydia hung back.