28...In the combat zone

Start from the beginning

He looked at Yelena for an answer but she just shook her head in response wondering the same thing as she looked over to Scott, who could hear heart beating loudly. This had something to do with Gerard and they both knew it.

"Where's Stiles? Where the hell is my son?!"

()()()()()()()()()

Yelena was standing in between Scott and Issac in the locker room whilst her dad spoke with them.

"I got to meet with the medical examiner and try to figure out what happened with Jackson. I've got an APB out on Stiles. His jeep is still in the parking lot, so that means - the hell, I don't know what that means. Um - look, if he answers his phone, if he answers his emails if you see him -"

"We'll call you," Issac answered seeing the worried look on his and Yelena's face.

"Hey," the sheriff called to his daughter who looked up at him and nodded, he pulled her towards him and hugged her for a moment, taking deep breaths as he let her go.

"Look, he's probably just freaked out from all the attention or something. We'll find him." Scott offered up trying to reassure them, although he knew it wouldn't work on Yelena as they both knew who would've done this.

"Yeah. I'll see you, okay?"

Yelena nodded as he left and stared at her brother's locker whilst the boys spoke to the coach.
"Is that everyone?" She asked turning to Issac as the locker room door sounded shut for the last time

"I think so." They both turned around at the sound of Scott pulling off a locker door, "You're gonna find him by scent?"

"Yeah, we both are."

"But how come you get his shirt and I get a shoe?"

Yelena rolled her eyes at them but was startled by the sight in front of her, Derek and Peter. Given everything that had been going on Yelena had forgotten that Peter was still running around somewhere.

"We need to talk," Derek said

"All of us," Peter added

"What the hell is this?" Scott asked in shock looking between the two Hales.

Yelena rubbed her temple, "Yeah I forgot to tell you," Scott turned to look at her with wide eyes as it became apparent that she knew, "-Lydia kind of-"

Whatever she was going to say was cut off by Derek's snark remark to Scott.

"You know, I thought the same thing when I saw you talking to Gerard at the sheriff's station."

Scott shook his head trying to make sense of it all "Okay, hold on. He - he threatened to kill my mom. And I had to get close to him. What was I supposed to do?"

"I'm gonna go with Scott on this one. Have you seen his mom? She's gorgeous." Peter piped up.

"Shut up." Derek, Scott, and Yelena told him at once.

"Who is he?" Isaac asked Scott

"That's Peter, Derek's Uncle. Little while back, he tried to kill us all, and then we set him on fire, and Derek slashed his throat." Scott summarised.

"Hi." Peter waved with a grin.

Issac nodded back uncertainly, "That's good to know."

"How is he alive?" Scott asked Yelena

Derek sighed, "Look, the short version is he knows how to stop Jackson. And maybe how to save him."

"Well, that's very helpful except Jackson's dead," Issac informed his alpha.

"What?"

"Yeah, Jackson's dead. It just happened on the field." Scott told him his voice on edge as he shared a knowing look with the two Hales.

"Okay, why is no one taking this as good news?" Issac asked confused.

Yelena was beginning to get frustrated, she didn't care about Jackson she cared about her brother.

"Because if Jackson is dead, it didn't just happen. Gerard wanted it to happen." Peter explained

"But why?" Derek asked.

Peter eyed Yelena watching her become more and more agitated, "Well, that's exactly what we need to figure out. And something tells me the window of opportunity is closing. Quickly."

Yelena's anger got the better of her as she let out a short scream of frustration and slammed her hand against one of the lockers in anger, "Who cares?! Who cares about some egotistical sociopathic teenage murderer! We need to find Gerard and get my brother, Jackson can wait!"

Derek frowned "What happened to Stiles?"

"Gerard took him for some stupid power play against you guys." Yelena spat out.

"We don't know that-" Scott tried but this only angered Yelena more as she turned round and attempted to shove him in a rage.

"yes, we do!"

Derek pulled her away and kept her still, as Peter interjected.

"If that's true then more reason to find Jackson."

Yelena narrowed her eyes and sighed in defeat, "Fine, what have you got in mind."

A/n - okayyy this chapter is not my favourite honestly but I'm on a roll at the moment so I'm going to keep going 😂