He cried over the memories but lack of emotion attached to them (crimeboys)

Start from the beginning

Wilbur bit his lip hesitantly; the amount of hesitance and uneasiness that came from Wilbur was definitely making Tommy nervous.

"What do you mean 'the game of Mario kart last night'?"

Tommy let out the breath he was fully aware he was holding. Tommy knew Wilbur could be slow, but this slow? Wilbur obviously wasn't going to get the remark anytime soon, so Tommy figured he should just drop it.

"Don't worry about it Wilbur, you're clearly high or something so just forget it."

"No. no- Tommy, this is- just tell me what you mean," Wilbur left no room for argument and seemed to ignore Tommy's previous remark.

"I..um.." Tommy was at lost for words. The way Wilbur was acting was frightening him – the way he seemed to ignore his previous statements and was so.. on edge. Tommy looked down at his hands and fidgeted with them before looking back up and meeting Wilbur's eye. Wilbur's eyes were staring into Tommy attentively as he leant forward. "I- you know? The Mario kart round we played last night- I won, you lost?" Tommy tried, but Wilbur still watched him with confusion. Tommy sighed, "C'mon Wilbur, last night, in my living room... you came over and we, you know, played games and stuff."

"Tommy," Wilbur started, his gaze pierced into Tommy's skin, "I wasn't at your apartment last night."

Tommy let out a startled laugh which led to a short couching fit. "Wilbur- Will, be honest with me, were you high last night? Is that why you can't remember? Because you were most definitely here. I can literally recite everything that happened last night if you want me to!"

Wilbur just remained still; his eyebrows were furrowed as his eyes seemed to search Tommy's for any trace of a lie – really, Tommy should've been the one making sure Wilbur's pupils weren't dilated. Wilbur was, without a doubt, with Tommy for the majority of the night. Unless Wilbur had some sort of twin or doppelganger he didn't tell Tommy about, then Wilbur was definitely with him last night. And not just anyone could lose Mario Kart that badly anyways.

"Tommy, I was with the band last night. We were up late rehearsing," Wilbur pushed, and God was he convincing. Wilbur should've definitely considered changing his career to an actor because, if Tommy hadn't known otherwise, he would've been fooled. This had to of been his way of getting Tommy back for the teasing.

Tommy rolled his eyes with a snort, "Whatever you say Wilbur."

Tommy was happy to leave it at that, but Wilbur didn't appear satisfied with the answer.

Wilbur shuffled closer to the end of the bed until his legs dangled off the end, his body stiff as he sat up straight and stared at Tommy. Tommy felt something tug at him to do the same thing; sit up and let his legs dangle off the chair, but something felt safer when he kept his legs close to his chest, so he didn't move. Tommy let out a laugh of discomfort as Wilbur continued to stare; he really wished Wilbur would let it go – the joke wasn't funny.

"Tommy," Wilbur started slowly, "I wasn't at your apartment last night."

Wilbur set the words out slowly, giving each of them a meaning. Each word seemed to put pressure down on Tommy's lungs as his breaths turned quick and short. Now Tommy knew he was serious. But.. if Wilbur truly believed he was with his band last night... then did he think Tommy was crazy? No, no Wilbur was the crazy one- he just couldn't remember last night properly.

"So what? Are you calling me crazy?" Tommy asked incredulously.

Wilbur only stiffened and drew his mouth into a straight line. The silence was loud. It was loud enough to tear a hole into his heart and deflate his lungs within a minute. Tommy wasn't sure what was worse; the deafening silence, or the implication that Wilbur thought he'd gone crazy. He wasn't crazy- he wasn't! Wilbur just had a bad memory- Wilbur was crazy!