CHAPTER 64 - SECRETS OF THE PAST

Start from the beginning

"The last time I texted you was 2 weeks ago... how are you?" Lisa started as she sat down beside me

"I happily broke up with my last german chick before coming home" i smiled at her

"You player" Lisa rolled her eyes at me

"Hey a guys gotta hustle"

She rolled her eyes once more making me crack up.

Just then her face slowly turned serious making me furrow my eyebrows.

"What's up?" I asked

"Your pretty much the only one i can sincerely talk to about this stuff..." she stopped mid sentence as I intently waited for her to continue

"I know i only got to know you all truly in middle school but... remember the time before that... when the incident happened with Yoongi... i only get to hear the name once and awhile- but most recently I found out she was Jimin's lost twin... i know you know more so..."

"Who is Park Chaeyoung?"

My mouth went dry, I continued to gaze at her finding myself at the lost for words- how do I explain? It was always a sensitive topic to everyone that knew her.

What do i say? She was the light of everyones day? She was the sunshine to everyones darkness? Or the fact that she was once everyones first love?

Sighing at the thought I stood up before reaching out for Lisa's hand. She stared at me confusedly.

"If you really want to know that bad then we have to talk privately... its a sensitive topic for everyone that knew her"

Clasping her palm in mine i led her to the open balcony showing the magnificent view of the city and the properties garden.

"Sit"

I instructed her as she obediently sat on one of the resting chairs placed on the balcony.

I sat down on the chair next to hers as she gazed at me patiently, taking a deep breath i then started spilling secrets of the past.

"So... when i was a kid Jimin and I were neighbors- Jimin and his Twin sister, Chaeyoung"

Stopping mid sentence i glanced at Lisa who just stared back at me eagerly.

"I spent almost all my childhood with them- then the Kim's came to Busan. Since our parents do a lot of business together we were often left together since we were too little to understand business. Around those times, our parents started working with the Min's as well. That's how we met Yoongi... Chaeyoung was the only girl in the gang back then so she was always our first priority, our friend group was really tight- actually it was a way different story for Taehyung and Chaeyoung. When we were kids Jimin used to get pissed off all the time saying Taehyung was stealing Chae from him-" i chuckled at the thought

Lisa smiled at me assuringly as she noticed my chuckle turn sad.

"Alright! I'll be honest... we all had some sort of crush on her- she was our little princess. If you think Yoongi and Taehyung bicker a lot now- imagine how it was like when they were kids haha they couldn't even swear right back then"

Throwing my head back i let out a laugh with Lisa also laughing quietly at the side.

"Namjoon, Yoongi and I used to be so Jealous at Taehyung for being the closest with Chae- as well as Jimin of course but for different reasons. We all were around the ages 7 to 8 when we all were supposed to have a movie night at Jimin's house, of course my mini self was so excited I could even pee my pants..."

My smile turned into a frown when I remembered that exact day

"Before our movie night Jimin said we had to wait for Chae and their mother since they are still on the ride home from shopping all day. If only i knew then what would've happened I could have done something- anything, even in how young i might have been, we all swore to take care of Chaeyoung... right when Mr Park got that heart breaking call all of our worlds stopped. Especially Jimin's... I could still remember how his loud scream sounded like when we got to the actual incident location. We all watched Mrs Park get rolled on a stretcher, we all watched as Jimin cried by the car that got flipped over, we all watched as he begged to see his twin... we all watched when the cops closed the case without any further investigation"

I stopped when Lisa whipped the tears that unknowingly dropped from my eyes as I continued

"Everything was never the same without her, life just seemed to stop for all of us, it was like we were the once that got in a crash. I remember staying months just drinking water and locking myself in my room. Same with everyone else. Of course our state progressed through time but there's just this sense of lost and longing in us"

Standing up i then made my way to lean my figure on the railing of the balcony , placing my elbows down for support.

"See the fucked up thing about it is that- they never found her body, some say her small figure got burned through the fire that car created but most likely all of us know she was taken. We all still think that car accident was planned by someone and it wasn't an accident at all. Maybe an enemy back then. Two years past by and still- we found nothing from her- until this day. Its like she just disappeared, she only remained in our memories"

Lisa came up to the railing as well as I looked away not trying to let her see my teary eyes anymore, it was embarrassing enough that im so vulnerable right now.

"Truly it was hard for everyone... but i know you already know the rest of the story for Yoongi as well" i glanced at Lisa as she was left in deep thought

"You remember how much of a pain in the ass Yoongi was in those times? You remember how rouge he went? Imagine all of us going that way as well when we were kids... yeah, pretty bad"

"How come Jisoo and Jennie dont know about Chaeyoung?" Lisa asked

"See all of us met Jisoo and Jennie in middle school, 2 years and some months after the incident... when we moved to Seoul. To be honest before that we didn't even know Taehyung and Namjoon had cousins"

Lisa nodded absorbing and understanding everything i said.

"The rest you already know but yeah, thats my point of view- my side of the happening" I sighed

"Thank you for telling me" Lisa said with a faint smile

Thank you for listening" i smiled back

"I feel like i lost a huge weight off my shoulders, talking to you about the incident made me feel better at least" i went on

"Then im glad i was of great help" she patted my back as we went back to gazing at the view.