How?

Annabeth POV

     As we fell into the pit my mind was searching for some way to save us. Percy was holding me in his arms and telling me it would be OK. I knew he was trying to be sweet but I knew he was wrong. No mortal has ever survived the pit.

     "Percy" I whisper yelled in his ear  "Yeah.. Your OK right can I help!". He's so sweet even though he is a seaweed brain. "Yes Percy I'm OK I just wanted to say..". The pit we were falling through opened into a vast cave I looked down and saw the ground quickly approaching us, 20, 19, 18 seconds till impact. " Percy" I yelled "I LOVE YOU" 13, 12, 11. He looked at me in shock and kissed me softly, it sent a jolt through my body. His eyes were so sweet I could have melted.

     Percy twisted his body so when we hit the ground he would take the fall. He grimaced and opened his mouth. "I-" but I didn't hear anything else I had blacked out. My body had collided with Percy's as we hit the ground.

      I opened my eyes to find myself with Gaia she told me that she was going to break us and I knew she meant Percy and I. I knew we both wished the fates could give us a break let us settle down maybe get normal jobs, even have kids. I was jolted out of my thoughts by Gaia saying "Oh you will have kids" and waking me up.

When I woke up I sat up in relief I was alive, then I remembered Percy. I got up to check on him and started to look in my backpack for ambrosia, he groaned in pain. "Its OK Percy I'm with you".
" Annabeth , Annabeth, love, No Gaia, Annabeth, no kid love alone"he mumbled.

I paused my searching to look at him. I wish I understood what he was saying. I put my hand on his chest and lightly pushed on him knowing he would wake up. Sure enough he groaned and sat up. For once he was the one who actually had sense and looked around. "Wow" he said "We're in Tarturus". I looked up to see where we had fallen from but I couldn't see anything but poison vapor and glass chips. We were lucky enough to land in a puddle of blood. Well I considered it lucky to be alive so blood was the least of my worries.

Percy tried to get up and nearly fell over but I grabbed his arm to hold him up. "Annabeth I never got to finish what I was about to say before we almost died" he said to me trying to act innocent. "Go on" I told him I had been hoping he would tell me he loved me I thought maybe he would right when he saved me from Arachne. "I-" then he fell over behind him was Arachne. "Well well aren't we just looking for death".