𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒋𝒆𝒄𝒕

Your eyes fluttered open as mechanical beeps repeated over and over.

Where were you?

You sat up quickly when you saw that the arm Bakugo had broken was in a cast, and a tight string of bandages was wrapped around your chest and back. This was Recovery Girl's office.

"Did you have a nice sleep?"

You turned your head slowly to see Bakugo in the bed next to yours, resting his head on the frame and looking disgruntled. His left leg was in a cast, propped onto the foot of the bed, and his face was entirely covered up by bandages.

"What the fuck happened?" you asked in confusion, "I mean- sure we've fought before, but we've never ended up in the san."

Bakugo scoffed but quickly clutched his stomach because it hurt.

"Thanks to you my face is burnt." he glared.

You laughed out loud.

"Are you making fun of me?"

"Yes. Yes I am."

"Kill yourself."

"No."

"Shut the fuck up."

"Ok."

"I said shut up!"

"Why? I'm the leader of the Cartel. I'll get Pablo Escobar on you."

"He's dead you moron."

"..."

You sighed in defeat and slumped back onto the bed frame, "You weren't letting it slide at all. It's almost like you're obsessed with me." you smirked.

Bakugo scoffed, "Nah, I'm just good."

"You also burnt my back." 

"My leg is broken because of you!" he argued.

"Yeah, it was pretty dumb of you to crash into that wall."

Speaking of crashing into walls.

Both of your eyes widened and you looked down, flustered.

You don't mention it.

It seemed like the whole universe was against you when Aizawa paired you and Bakugo together for a group project everyone was supposed to do.

"Please, Sensei, can I work with someone else? Anyone else?" you asked in exasperation, "This guy nearly killed me-"

"You will work with your assigned partner, Miss L/N, and that's the end of it." Aizawa said sternly, shutting down your complaint.

You groaned to yourself, clenching your fists tightly. Trying to work with Bakugo was like trying to convince a boy he's a girl. Impossible.

Sighing, you decided that since the loud blonde would never agree to meet up anywhere with you, this project was something you would have to finish in school.

"You guys are so lucky, how come you get to work together?" you whined.

Momo and Jirou had been paired up, and Toru had gotten Mina. Why couldn't you have gotten Mina? Momo was great and all, but it was nice to have someone that matched your energy once in a while.

"Honestly I'm surprised myself." Momo put a hand to her chest, "But I promise I won't let us down by getting distracted!"

"Mina said she wants to do in her dorm tomorrow, but I have a date with Ojiro at that exact same. What should I do?" said Toru.

Jirou shrugged, "Ditch him. Work smarter not harder."

"Stop, not the baddie quotes." you laughed, making Toru laugh as well.

"And how are you going to complete your project, Y/N?" Momo raised an eyebrow questioningly.

"I dunno. Wait actually, let me go force Bakugo to come to the library with me. See ya ladies!"

You saluted and turned around, walking straight through the grounds and right in the center of the Bakusquad.

"Katsuki," you addressed him, "We need to go to Library so we can do the project."

Bakugo laughed, "No way."

"Don't be mean." Mina elbowed him.

You crossed your arms, "You forget that I have blackmail against you. You either come with, or everyone in school finds out your dirty little secret."

Kirishima, Kaminari, and Sero pricked up curiously.

"Tch, whatever."

A loud shout of frustration echoed in the library, momentarily pulling all its inhabitants away from their work and books.

"Bakugo Katsuki, I swear to grass if you rip up anything else!"

The teenager had destroyed almost all your attempts.

Bakugo smirked, his head in his hands as he looked up at you, who was standing up from across the table and yelling angrily at him.

He picked up the new piece of paper you had started writing on and, staring intently into your eyes, tore it through the middle painfully slow.

You coughed back a cry.

This was going to be your breaking point.

"What if I was suicidal? What if that was my last straw?"

Bakugo grinned, "Good, then hurry up and finish the job."

"You disrespect me, you disrespect my family. Including Mirko." you deadpanned.

"Don't play the 'Mirko's my cousin' card." Bakugo rolled her eyes, "It's getting old."

"I don't care. Kill yourself."

"So, what do you do for a living?" Kaminari grinned.

You took a bite of your dumpling and chewed before answering, "Oh yeah. I'm actually a professional athlete."

He raised an eyebrow, "For real?"

"Yep. It's where I got my six-pack from."

The blonde smirked, "You'll have to show it to me for evidence. How about my dorm tonight?"

You contemplated the offer.

Denki Kaminari was a good guy, but you didn't know him that well to tell if he was genuinely interested in you or if he just wanted to get in your pants.

"Sorry," you smiled apologetically, "Can't. I have piano."