Fresh (Kakashi Hatake x Fem/Omega!Reader) (NSFW)

Kakashi Hatake's life seems to be falling into place after nearly three decades of trauma and chaos. He has a team of Genin that he loves, an apartment that's actually pretty nice, his Ninken by his side- and much more recently- a girlfriend who he adores. You asked him out after seeing him at your favorite book store, and though Kakashi was hesitant to date a civilian at first, he ended up falling for you hard and fast. So, the two of you have been dating for almost four months now.

Kakashi stands in front of the mirror, making sure he has everything he needs before his mission tonight. The assignment is a simple D-Rank, just a few hour walk to and from the outskirts of the land of fire to deliver a package to some noble. He's fully dressed in his Jonin uniform with his mask pulled over his face and his forehead protector tilted to cover his Sharingan. He goes to check the backpack he's wearing to make sure he has everything he needs in it, but before he can do that, he hears a knock on the door.

Curious, he goes to answer it. He wasn't expecting anyone...

When Kakashi opens the door, he's pleasantly surprised to see you, though he isn't sure why you'd show up without notice right before he's supposed to leave for a mission. It's totally unlike you.

"Hey, Kakashi," You greet in a way that's uncharacteristically awkward, your cheeks darkened with a blush and your (e/c) eyes refusing to meet his.

"(y/n)? It's unlike you to show up unannounced, and-" Kakashi pauses to take a breath, only to get a whiff of your scent. Since you're an omega, your scent tends to be strong, but right now it's so intense that it nearly has Kakashi choking on it. He wants to drag you into the apartment and bury his face in your neck to inhale more of it, but instead, he points to the huge duffle bag you're carrying and asks- "Are you planning on staying the night or something? You know I have a mission with my team that we're leaving for in an hour, I-"

"I'm about to go into heat."

The words tumble out of your mouth. You look embarrassed and unsure of yourself, so Kakashi reaches out to put a hand on your shoulder and take a good look at you. He himself doesn't know how to handle the situation- even as an alpha, it's been a while since he's taken care of someone in heat. The thought is a little intimidating and as much as he'd like to help you with it, he isn't sure you'd want his help anyway.

"...Do you want to come in?" Kakashi offers, hoping that you'll elaborate on exactly why you're here during a time like this.

"Please," You nod.

Kakashi gently pulls you inside and shuts the door behind the two of you before sitting you down on the couch. He grabs a bottle of water from the kitchen and returns to the living room to sit down next to you. You share the water, passing it between each other after each drink for a bit before Kakashi manages to break the silence.

"First of all, are you feeling okay?" Kakashi questions.

Part of him wants to say 'fuck the mission', throw his bags on the floor, and stay here with you forever. The other part of him knows better, though you don't make it easy with how you so sweetly rest your head on his shoulder and wrap both of your arms around one of his to snuggle into him.

"I'm fine. It's just that my heat should be due any day now and... Well..."

"What?"

"I know our relationship is relatively fresh, and that I probably should just stay home and take care of it by myself, but... I couldn't stop thinking about you," You mutter. Kakashi blushes so hard that he can feel it at the tips of his ears. He crosses one leg over the other to hide his stiffening dick from your prying eyes. You're confiding in him, being vulnerable, and he's going and... Ah, fuck. This is why he didn't date before you. Secondary genders always make things that much more complicated. He was fine being an alpha, fine dealing with his ruts on your own, but now that you're here, all he's been wanting is you. And, after all these months, it seems like you want him back. "Or what it would be like for you to take care of me."