Rainy Days (Kakashi Hatake x Might Guy)

Might Guy loves rainy days. They're perfect for training, they're beautiful, and they're calming. On top of that, the village tends to be less busy on rainy days, so he can get things like grocery shopping done without too much of a hassle.

He wakes up on a day when the thunderstorms outside are particularly bad, alone in his and Kakashi's queen-sized bed. He's disappointed to find that his boyfriend isn't by his side to cuddle up to. However, Guy knows that Kakashi likes to go out early to scour bookstores, train, take his students on missions, and visit the stone memorial monument. So, he doesn't think anything of it and instead takes the morning to get a good workout and a shower in. After that, he goes to the grocery store and heads home to cook breakfast.

By then, it's past ten thirty. With not so much as a note or an appearance by Kakashi, Guy starts to become concerned about his lover's whereabouts. Just then, he hears the front door slam open. He's in the middle of scrambling eggs, flipping protein pancakes, and steeping tea, so he doesn't rush to greet Kakashi, but he does turn around and speak upon hearing Kakashi enter the kitchen.

"Rival, I missed you! You must have woken up really early to beat me out of the house. Where have you been? Was your morning good? How'd you sleep?" Guy asks with a grin. That grin falls the moment he gets a good look at Kakashi, though. Kakashi is covered head to toe in rain and the look in his visible eye is... Haunting, to say the least. Kakashi doesn't even glance at him. "Rival?"

"Hm?" Kakashi blinks as if Guy's voice just snapped him out of a trance. Still, he won't meet Guy's gaze. "Oh, sorry, I was just... Out. Doing things. You know how it is."

"Kakashi, where were you? No- more importantly- are you... Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, thank you," Kakashi lies through his teeth and exits the room.

Guy waits to hear their bedroom door lock, but instead, Kakashi comes back a few minutes later with a sleeveless tank and a pair of boxers on. Guy hears the washer starting, so he assumes that Kakashi tosses his wet clothes in there. Kakashi fixes his mask over his face and adjusts his headband before sitting at the kitchen table.

"Would you like some breakfast?" Guy offers as he finishes making the food. "I made pancakes and eggs."

"I'll pass, but if you could get me some of the tea that's on the stove..." Kakashi trails off. "It smells like jasmine. Just don't add sugar."

Silence takes over. Guy turns off the stove, pours both of them a cup of tea, and makes a plate of food for himself. Then, he sets one of the cups in front of Kakashi.

"Here," Guy says and sits down across from his rival with his own cup of tea and his breakfast.

"Thank you," Kakashi murmurs and pulls his mask down so he can sip on the hot drink.

"You seem like you're deep in thought today, rival," Guy starts, prying, though he's sure he can already guess what this is about. For whatever reason, Kakashi always gets particularly depressed about his former teammates and sensei whenever storm season rolls around. Still, the ravenette tries to frame it playfully so as to not sour the mood any more- on the off chance that it's something minor that he can distract Kakashi from. "What, are you trying to come up with an idea for our next contest? Or did you read a new book?"

"No," Kakashi shakes his head, then follows it up with a statement that hits Guy like a fucking truck. "It was storming just like this when I killed Rin."

At that, Guy's brow furrows. It takes everything in him not to slam a fist into the kitchen table.

"Don't phrase it like you killed her on purpose, Kakashi! You didn't kill Rin... You know that she chose-"