Jealous (Kakashi Hatake x Fem!Reader) (NSFW)

Kakashi Hatake has always been a good friend of yours.

That's why you feel comfortable confiding in him about your long term crush on your old teammate, Genma Shiranui. After Ebisu fucked off to go be an elite instructor, you were implemented as his replacement under the leadership of Choza Akimichi, landing you in a team with the redheaded man, Might Guy, and of course, Genma. Something about Genma has always caught your attention. He's strong, confident, and charming in a way that you don't see very often.

You've liked him for years.

Unfortunately, he's never seemed to notice- or even look at you that way. He's still friendly to you, sure, but that's not what you want. It's proving to be frustrating, especially when you see him constantly dating around and going home with the flings he picks up at bars that could easily be you if he'd just notice you already.

It's frustrating, and you're jealous. At this point, you're confident Genma will never notice you. You, Genma, and Guy have all been promoted to Jonin. Guy has his own team of Genin, Genma is in charge of helping with the Chunin exams and going on S-rank missions, and you do a little bit of everything these days, so the three of you hardly see each other. Back in the day, when all three of you were stuck together for hours and days on end, Genma hardly batted an eye at you the way you wanted. Now that you're hardly together anymore, there's even less of a reason to.

You and Kakashi sit at the counter of Ichiraku. It's almost past midnight, but Teuchi and Ayame happily serve the two of you as you vent to Kakashi, who responds-

"You know, Genma's a great guy and all, but he's really not the best person to be interested in. He's not looking for a committed relationship right now."

And of course, Kakashi's response is the most logical one.

How typical of him.

"I know, I know," You pout and adjust your skirt. You wore it along with a nice, low cut top instead of your usual Jonin uniform in hopes that it would catch Genma's attention if you happened to run into him. "t's just..."

"You still like him, don't you?"

"Yeah... I always have. I just wish he'd notice," You sigh and hold your head in your hands. "Then again, I guess it's more complicated than that. I've liked him since we were kids, but these days, I don't know if I like who he is anymore or if I just like the idea of him I've had in my head all these years. He's changed a lot."

"I understand that," Kakashi reaches over and places a reassuring hand on your shoulder. "Why not try other avenues?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, you're clearly too shy to do it yourself. You've had literal decades and haven't told him the truth about your feelings," Kakashi points out. "If you really are gonna sit around and wait for him to notice you like this, you should try dating other people... Get some experience, maybe see if you can find someone who suits you better."

"That's not a bad idea, Kakashi, but it's hard to let go," You shake your head and put enough money on the table to cover your tab before standing up to leave. "I should be going now. I'll see you later?"

Kakashi appears a little disappointed at your sudden departure, but he nods and agrees.

"Sure."

You leave and walk through the busy village streets to make it to your apartment. Your (e/c) eyes linger on each and every shop, stand, bar, and restaurant. It seems as if, with each day that passes, something changes; buildings get expanded upon, dirt roads get paved, old shops close down and get replaced. You frown and think about what things were like when you were younger.