Friday Nights (Kakashi Hatake x Iruka Umino) (NSFW)

The first time it happens, Iruka doesn't think about it too much.

It's Friday night. He has a routine for Friday nights; stay in the classroom late to do after-school tutoring, clean the classroom after all of the kids leave for the day, make sure Naruto makes it home safe, go back to his own apartment, cook dinner, grade papers, take a nice hot bath with rose petals to get rid of his stress-induced aches from the week, and go to bed with his two cats- all before 9PM.

This Friday night, however, his routine has been ruined. Utterly ruined.

That's where it all starts. Mizuki convinces him that instead of focusing on his schoolwork and self-care, he needs to put himself out there. That he needs to go out more. Iruka knows Mizuki is right, too. He hasn't been out with any of his friends in months and he hasn't had a hookup in a couple years, let alone dated anyone since he was a teenager.

So, Iruka begrudgingly goes home to dress himself in a button-up shirt and slacks with decent shoes before meeting up with Mizuki and some other shinobi at the bar. When he gets there, he realizes that he's definitely out of place. Everyone is loud and rowdy, still dressed in their standard uniforms or in casual wear like t-shirts and jeans. Iruka is embarrassed, but if anyone asks, he can lie and say he had a meeting or something to attend right before this.

The brunette works his way through the crowd until he sees a familiar head of white, shoulder-length hair. Mizuki is sitting at the bar counter with a mix of Chunin and Jonin; Kotetsu, Izumo, Daikoku, Anko, Guy, Asuma, Kurenai, and...

Oh, God.

Kakashi Hatake is here, because of course he is. Iruka's face flushes bright red as his heart rate picks up. Kakashi somehow manages to look positively gorgeous in just his uniform with a bottle of Junmai sake in hand. The dark green Jonin vest is tight on his body, which is rigid and cut from decades of constant combat. The dark shirt that he has underneath highlights the muscles in his arms perfectly, and even with his mask pulled over his face and his Sharingan covered, the little bit of Kakashi's face that Iruka can see is ethereal.

Iruka wants to take down the mask and kiss Kakashi on every inch of the skin that he's never seen. He wants to unzip that stupid vest and throw it to the ground, to rip off the undershirt and the pants and everything else that keeps Kakashi hidden away from him. He wants to love on Kakashi until neither of them can take it anymore.

Then again, there's a lot of things he wants when it comes to Kakashi. He's been in love with the man since he was fifteen and Kakashi was nineteen from the interactions they'd have while exchanging mission reports and being put on teams together every once in a blue moon. Kakashi is so hard to read that he hasn't dared to say anything about his feelings, instead watching from afar and drinking in Kakashi on the rare occasion that they see each other. It's been over five years now; five years of this crush- this love- that's both a curse and a blessing.

Tonight just so happens to be one of those occasions he gets to drink Kakashi in, Iruka supposes. He just wishes he were appropriately dressed for it.

Iruka notices that Kakashi is sitting in the corner seat with an empty spot to his left and Guy sitting to the left of that spot. He doesn't want to impose on Kakashi's space, but he doesn't want to miss out on the opportunity to spend time with Kakashi either, so Iruka quietly slips into the empty spot and hopes that Kakashi doesn't ask him to leave.

Much to his surprise, rather than the typical casual greeting or even ignoring Iruka to read his smutty books, Kakashi tosses an arm over Iruka's shoulder and starts talking to him.

"H-Hey, 'ruka," Kakashi's words are slurred and somewhat distorted. He seems happy enough, so Iruka isn't too terribly concerned, but he is confused. "Y'look so pretty tonight, ya know that? 'm so glad you're here! Didn't think we'd see ya."