Ruin My Life (Kakashi Hatake x Might Guy) (NSFW)

After the confrontation with Kisame Hoshigaki and Itachi Uchiha, Kakashi is hospitalized. Guy isn't surprised- after being put through Itachi's genjutsu, most people would be dead, so the fact that Kakashi is injured is to be expected. Guy is just glad that he's alive.

After days upon days of waiting, Jiraiya and Naruto bring Lady Tsunade to the village to heal Kakashi, Lee, and Sasuke. On top of that, Tsunade will be assuming the role of the fifth Hokage, but Guy can't bring himself to care about anything that's going on between his concern for Kakashi and his concern for Lee.

With Lee's family, Neji, and Tenten in Lee's hospital room, Guy stays in Kakashi's room. No one else is there as Kakashi's eyes flutter open; one scarlet red and the other a deep charcoal. Guy rushes to shift Kakashi's headband so it covers the Sharingan. He'd hate for Kakashi to waste more chakra than he needs to.

"Kakashi..." Guy greets with a half-hearted smile.

He's so stressed out that it's hard to be happy, but seeing Kakashi awake and safe does make him happier than he's been in weeks.

"Guy," Kakashi says in return. He seems to be back to normal for the most part if not a little fatigued. He's been sleeping a lot, and he and Guy haven't talked much since Kakashi first woke from his Tsukuyomi-induced trance. "You look exhausted. How long have you been here?"

"Since you were admitted," Guy admits, knowing that there's no point in trying to lie to Kakashi.

"Why? You should go home and rest..." Kakashi sits up and sighs. His blankets fall into his lap, showing his upper body, which is covered in a sleeveless, form fitting tank. "Plus, you have Lee to worry about."

"Lee has Neji and Tenten, and his parents, too. You..."

"So you're only here because you think I don't have anyone else, huh?" Kakashi shakes his head and crosses his arms. "How sad."

Frustrated, Guy objects with his hands on his hips as he stands by Kakashi's bedside.

"No, that's not it! I'm here because I care, okay?"

"You still feel that way towards me after all these years?"

Guy blinks. He knows what Kakashi is referring to, how could he not? When they were sixteen, against both of their better judgments, they started dating. Guy was stupid and hopelessly in love, and Kakashi was... Kakashi. Guy has no idea what Kakashi was thinking back then. Their relationship lasted for an entire six years before Guy had enough of Kakashi's emotional unavailability and commitment issues. No one ever knew about them but, well, them .

"Do you really need to open old wounds during a time like this, rival?" Guy asks, going back to the comfortable usage of 'rival'- it's always felt so much less intimate than 'Kakashi'.

"Asuma came and visited while you were with Lee and Tsunade. He told me that while I was unconscious during the fight with Itachi, you were so fierce and protective- even more than usual," Kakashi continues, not even answering Guy's question. The ravenette stares at the floor and frowns. Of course, when Itachi and Kisame attacked, Guy let his emotions show more than he normally would for a friend or a student. Kakashi has always been more to him, so he was understandably angry and ready to face the two Akatsuki members when he saw Kakashi limp and unconscious that day. Guy curses Asuma in his head as his heart rate begins to skyrocket. How is it that Kakashi can still see right through him even without his Sharingan activated? "He also told me that you've been bringing me fresh flowers and monitoring my vitals twenty four seven. I don't know why... Why did that information make my heart squeeze the way it did?"

Low and behold, Guy's own heart squeezes tight in his chest. He looks to the vase of heliotropes that sit on the nightstand by Kakashi's hospital bed. They're purple and lively, the clear glass vase positioned to get sunlight during the day. Guy picked them on the outskirts of the village himself.