CITY HOSPITAL 2

AZRIEL'S POV

A few hours before.

I was trying to work but my mind was not cooperating with me. And my heart was yelling to me to go to Shorty.

It was late but I finally gave up on work and called Eliora. But to my surprise she didn't pick up and cut my call.

I thought that she must be busy so I didn't call her again. But after some time I tried to call her. And she didn't pick and cutted the call.

I suddenly don't feel right and try to call her again and again till she picks up but it was her dad.

"Hello uncle, where is Eli?" I asked him.

"Azriel, we're in the city hospital" he said and I felt my body frozen. My mind starts to get worse imagination.

"W..why.....what happened?" I asked. But my voice stutters.

"I don't know, but Alex was crying, even Eli couldn't calm him, and Alex was holding his neck, so we came to hospital" He said and I can feel his nervousness.

"O..ok, I'm coming there" i said and quickly ran towards the parking lot and took my car and left.

When I reached the hospital, I ran toward Eli but she was not saying anything and I could hear Alex's cry from the emergency room.

I tried to talk to Eli but she was silent. I already informed my family and they also came here and tried to talk to Eli, but she was just silent.

I don't know why but her silence was giving me a weird feeling. Worst

Present time

Eli went to the doctor before us and asked him about Alex.

"How is he?" I asked the doctor.

"He is fine now," Doc said.

"What's happened to him?" Eli asked.

"Ms. Knight, your son swallowed a pearl. It looks like a pearl used in a necklace." Doctor said,

"The pearl was stuck between his mouth and neck and thankfully we were able to take out the pearl." He explained.

"Pearl?.....but i don't have any pearl necklace and how did Alex get the pearl?" Eli mumbled to herself, thinking about the incident.

"Can we meet him?" I asked.

"Yes, you can meet him and Ms. Knight please try to calm your son, he is crying nonstop" Doc said but Eli is already half way to meet Alex. I follow her, and so does everyone.

"Alex" Eliora quickly takes Alex in her arms and slowly rocks him. As soon as Alex saw Eli, she clingy to her and hugged her tightly and cried.

"Please don't cry, I'm here'' Eli says and kisses all over Alex's face.

I went and then both. Because Eli was also stressed with all this and I couldn't bear to see Alex crying.

Alex looks at me and stretch his hands towards me. I take him in my arms and keep him closer to my heart. He calm down and stop crying.

Eli didn't break the hug and tighten the hug around me and Alex. I hold her shaking hands tightly in mine.

She was terrified by this incident. But she didn't let anyone confront her and she didn't tell anyone. She is strong but when it comes to Alex, she isn't.

"It happened because of me!!" A voice echoes in the room. We look towards the source of voice only to find out it's her mom.

"Mom?, What are you saying?" Eli asked. Her mom looks scared and worried.

"Alex was playing with my pearl necklace and it's got broken, but I collect all the pearls but I don't know how Alex?" Her mom said in confusion.

Now, everything makes sense. Alex accidentally broke the pearl necklace and he might have taken one pearl with him, when Eli's mom went to put Alex to sleep. He swallowed the pearl, maybe he thought that it was candy.

"I.. I'm so..so.. sorry'' her mom says as she begins to cry.

"If I'd put more attention on Alex, this wouldn't have happened," her mom cried hard.

Eli went to her mom and hugged her. Eliora was angry but it was not for her mother. She was angry about something else. I can feel it.

"It's ok, mom, he is fine now" Eli says to her mother. She helped her mom to calm down.

"Alex is fine now, and from now we'll take extremely good care of him" her dad said and hugged them.

"Dada... Dada'' Alex pulled my collar, looking at me with his doe eyes.

"Yes, my little boy" I said and rubbed my nose with his. He giggles while holding my face.

This is the first time he laughed after crying so much. 

"Dada...mum" Alex says and hugs my neck.

"Are you hungry?, my little boy" I asked and saw his pouty lips.

"Wait, let me ask your mum for milk" I patted his head. And went towards Eli.

"Eli, do you bring Alex's milk?" I asked her. She shakes her head in a negative and apologize face.

"I'm sorry, I forgot in a hurry" she apologized. As she looks at hungry Alex, who is now sucking his thumb.

"It's okay, I'm going to bring milk from the hospital cafeteria." I said with a smile.

"Let me come with you" she says and walks with me. I didn't say anything as we walked towards the cafeteria with Alex in my arms.

"Eli, why are you angry?" I looked at her while walking.

"....It's because of my neglect. If i was careful enough then this shouldn't happen" she says with a straight face.

"It's my fault that I give more attention to my work than Alex. If I've paid more attention to him then---" she says but i cutted her words.

"Then it should be my fault too" I said to her, looking straight in her dark brown eyes.

"W...what?" She looks at me in confusion.

"Yes, because now Alex is my responsibility too. And if i give more attention to Alex than my business, then it shouldn't be happened" i said the exact her words.

"It's not your fault. You've to take care of your business too. And you did what was important" she said.

"Then it's also not your fault. You already give more attention to Alex and you also have to take care of your family and business. So it's not your fault." I emphasized each word.

She went silent. She didn't say anything and walked silently.

We got warm milk for Alex and fed him. After drinking he slept.

We've to stay in the hospital tonight because the doctor told us that they want to make sure Alex is fine.

I insisted everyone leave, even Eli. But she didn't leave and decided to stay with me in the hospital. Everyone leaves for home.

.
.
.
.
.
TO UNLOCK THE NEXT EPISODE PLEASE VOTE 50+ AND COMMENTS AND SUPPORT 😘